PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Comments

• dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We've had a quiet weekend, youngest son's gf stayed on Saturday night and made him bring all his plates/dishes/glasses down, it took him 4 trips to do it so I had all those to wash but left them soaking overnight then cleaned the top of the cooker which I hate doing.
    I've got loads of washing dry today and started to sort out the clothes piles upstairs. I've also brought the empty toilet rolls down, nobody else ever does it so they pile up.
    I've even manged to stay in bed till 9am the last 2 days, not asleep but still an improvement.
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone (and a slightly late happy Easter)

Been awol for a bit, had a nightmare couple of weeks with work, the kids, domestic stuff and everything really. I have had a few days off and its done me so much good, given me a chance to get myself together and rest.

So, some plans for when the daily routine kicks in again:
    1. Be more organised, my skills in this department have definitely slipped. I need to sort out my priorities and worry less about what I cant get done.
    2. Make some time for myself (I want to book in some weekends camping with OH and the kids - the only way I can really switch off).
    3. Make OH and the kids help more. Not really sure how I am going to do this but there has to be a way!

I just cant carry on the way I have been or I will collapse in a heap.

Anyhow, I have managed to get OHs year end accounts finished today so thats a big weight off my mind. Curry in the sc for tea, lots of washing out of the line. I have another day off tomorrow before back to work on Wednesday. I want to tick off another couple of jobs that have been lurking without getting too stressed about it.

Enjoy the rest of the bh all x
  • Hello messy peeps!

Hope everyone had a good bank holiday?

Back to almost normal today, kids back at school tomorrow. I've just done a quick declutter of the kitchen worktops, put washing on & i'm trying to think what to make for supper tonight.....;)

Have a good day!

Jx
    It's a farmers life for me......:j
  • Hi Messies!

Dibuzz, I`m the only one in this house who deals with empty toilet roll tubes! I find this rather odd, because it`s usually OH who re-stocks toilet rolls in both loos - he notices that we`re running out, yet he never notices all the empty tubes although he stands facing the collection of them on toilet windowsill more than I do!

YL, sounds like you earned that break - good luck with getting back to `normal` and trying to get the others to help out.

FW, our schools are still off for the rest of this week but they broke up later here. DGD is back at her mum`s from other grandparents today, but not back with us till tomorrow night.
    Must go and do a bit of shopping today - she`ll be appalled if there are no noodles in the house!

Yesterday I called in at work, nice to see colleagues again, and had an Occy health appt., always get a bit wound up but they were really ever so nice. Gp appt. tomorrow morning, and 2 more appts in May. Calender is filling up again!!
    Today -
    Wet & gloomy...have to go out for a bit of shopping, so I`ll take the stuff for CS and have a nosey round in Iceland which is next door.
    Have a nice afternoon all. x
  • dibuzz
    The schools are back here, it took me 25 minutes this morning to do a journey that's only taken 10 the last 2 weeks.
    After my appointment this morning I went to Halfords for a brake light bulb then we went to Costco where I bought things I didn't know I needed. Serves me right for taking my son and daughter with me :rotfl:
    I got wiper blades for youngest son's car which we fitted as soon as we got back then it took less than a minute to change the brake light bulb, the man in Halfords had offered to fit it for £2.99 :eek:
    I put a bag of clothes out for a charity collection this morning and am determined to get everyone else's clothes out of my room by the end of the week.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi, all. I've done little today. Sainsbury this morning with my £4 off a £20 shop. Managed to get it to £21.64 so no waste.

Welsh group this afternoon, then e-mailed an old school friend to tell her that I've had a spoof, begging e-Mail from her, apparently!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Good Morning!

Our electricity is going off in 10 mins - will be off all morning for some maintenence (tree-cutting, according to the letter) so howzat for a good reason not to be washing and Henrying?!
    I`m off to GP appt in a bit, but can use gas to make coffee when I get back. Sorted.
  • dibuzz
    After a misty start it's lovely out now.
    We are going to Aldi in a bit then I'm hoping to get some of the garden done, still feeling good after yesterday's meeting so I'm trying to get as much done while I can.
  • Dibuzz, I`m really glad to hear your appt went well and that you`re feeling good - you surely deserve to so hang on to that!

My GP has put me off for another month, and increased my anti-osteoporosis meds after getting results from bone density scan. I`ve spoken to colleague at work who was in charge today, and and her being so nice and saying I`m missed made me quite weepy - I`d rather be there giving out the pills than stuck at home taking them, pretending to be domesticated....
    I know I`ve been lucky getting treated in good time, and I`m being impatient with myself. I`m telling myself the sensible things I`d say to a patient.
    DGD has arrived, and since the power came on at noon I`ve Henry`d and mopped kitchen & LR, put clean rugs down and washed the ones I took up (last one in WM now) plus zoflora- swilled & yard-brushed the smelly patch outside back door. Everywhere looks (& smells!) better now.
    OH has declared today is a Pub Evening, as I still look a bit mopey!!!
    More on the plus side - I called in Morrison`s on the way back from the doc`s - filled up petrol with 6p/litre off coupon, and got 2 more packs of 3 duck legs, YS, £2 a pack. Had to do a bit of freezer tetris to accommodate, not to mention there`s duck legs (cooked yesterday) in fridge for tonight - will do a ricenoodle stir fry & hoisin sauce, and take duck skin off to crisp. We`ll be quacking soon at this rate!
  • dibuzz
    Thanks Emm. Try to enjoy your time off, you'll be back before you know it.
    I've done the front lawn, it's only small but I don't like doing it as it's at the front of the house.
    One of my neighbours came home when I was out and I told her about Steff, it's the first time I've seen her since and she was wondering why she hadn't seen me walking her in a morning. I think it's the first time I've spoken about her without crying. It's 9 weeks today but feels like forever, still not ready for another dog though.
    It's also made me realise how long it is since I saw my neighbours in the care home. I did say I was going to go next week so will have to make sure I stick to that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport