Bush 24 Stitch Sewing Machine,Half Price £69.99 was £139.99 @ Argos

Comments

• Anyone know if it is any good as my sewing machine literally just packed up half an hour ago and there are no reviews anywhere!?!:(
  • Bought one today from Argos and 2 and a half hours later took it back. Was very tempermental and even on slow speeds the tension would change and it would jam up every 2-3 inches. It was advertised as having an automatic needle threader and it didn't. Even a long plain line of stitches looked very unprofessional and wobbly. What a waste of time :-(
  • Oh no, I bought one today as a birthday present for my mum. I'm not really an expert with sewing machines, so just thought it was a bargain! Can anyone else provide any feedback?
    Determined to be a thrifty Mama!
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    UK_49424_01_b.jpg

Lidl have a similiar machine (maybe better) for £60

It's a short-term offer so you'll need to move fast

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_13410.htm
  • niceguy15
    niceguy15 Posts: 1,204
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    fatbelly wrote: »
    UK_49424_01_b.jpg

Lidl have a similiar machine (maybe better) for £60

It's a short-term offer so you'll need to move fast

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_13410.htm

already posted:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2694515&highlight=
  • If you are looking for a good sewing machine and dont need too many stitches then I recommend looking at an old, all metal one. I have a number of black Singers and you just cant beat these. They do a gorgeous straight stitch and will sew through pretty much anything. The cheapy machines from such as Aldi, Dunelm Mill etc will really struggle with heavy fabric.

The old black Singers only do straight stitch mostly so if you need decorative then your next best bet is an old metal machine from anywhere between 1960 and 1980. Berninas are very good but also very expensive unless you happen to have a family member with one lazing in the loft!

I picked up an old Pfaff machine for about £3. It has about 12 different stitches and is incredibly strong, i've sewn a leather bag on it.

I have machines ranging in price from free to £5000 and often I'll reach for the old Singers because the stitch is fantastic!
  • paolo
    paolo Posts: 57 Forumite
    niceguy15 wrote: »

Your point being? It was useful or someone else to post a link to the Lidl machine.

Have you been spending too much time on HUKD?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure