How do you identify cgildren's presents under tree?

2»

Comments

• Print your own labels? I can't say I ever looked at the handwriting on my gifts when I was young, though.

We had our gifts left in separate piles with our own stocking beside each to "label" the piles. We had a small Christmas tree so no room for presents under it.
  • We use pillowcases in our house but if something doesn't fit, then it's usually either put in the matching duvet cover or a clue to the location wrapped in the box. Hope you found a solution that works for you for future years.
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    When I had believers in the house the presents from Father Christmas had labels which were in a different handwriting (I wrote very cursive and flowing for him rather than my usual scrawl) and all the presents from him were in the same wrap. Most of the presents came from us rather than Father Christmas, so not too many to do this way.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Santa sacks with each child's name written on them.
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    We do different wrapping paper for each person xx Has always worked for us x This year DD had pink paper with penguins on and DS had red paper with Merry Christmas on. Hubby had red and silver paper and I had gold with angels on xx
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    We put different wrapping paper on each of our daughters presents. So they know what paper is theirs, we put a small cutting of the paper in their Christmas Eve boxes which are left in their own rooms so no risk of mixing them up.

We don't actually put their presents under the tree though, we put them in their own piles in the living room so they don't have to rummage through other people's presents to find their own.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    When our two were little they each had a sack with their name on and they would leave it in a place of their choosing.

Santa would leave their presents in and around the sacks so they knew exactly what was theirs.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We used to let our 2 girls take turns in being Father Christmas and handing out the presents to everyone. They loved doing it!

The same tradition has carried on with the grandchildren and this year our 18 year old DGD wanted to be Father Christmas! I really thought they would have grown out of it by now, LOL!

Denise
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    When i was growing up we had a chair each. Sisters on one mine on the other. Paper was a mish mash but could gurantee i would have an unwrapped football every year to signal which pile was which. Also had stockings which would sit in front that had our colour on (red or blue). Not that my parents couldnt have just said, thats yours, thats your sisters.

Its ace christmas, lots of similarities but seems apparent everyones is unique to them.
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Our presents were on the sofas, not under the tree. They weren't wrapped in paper, either - rather, the sheer amount of gifts was wrapping enough :o Before we went to bed, we would leave our stockings on the sofa that we had chosen to be ours that year.

Can you write with your 'wrong' hand? Santa left a reply letter for my daughter this year and I wrote it with my left hand, which took forever :o Otherwise, could you print the name tags out?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure