I'm Back - and better! Final Push to Go...

Comments

• Exerbusi2
    Exerbusi2 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Hello Exerbusi2 you just beat me to it with your post. We've made page 5 of your diary now. I'd like to think I'm responsible for at least 2 pages worth of that.
    Hi Zippygeorgeandben! I think of it as our diary now, not mine! I just started it!
    Yes I'm not bad - in my spreadsheet I have started to write down what I saved each day through making decisions.
    Oooh! Good idea - that could be motivating/scary in equal measure!
    It might work itself out by the time I next respond to you.
    Has this worked itself out? I hope so! eBay can be hit and miss.
    I worked out yesterday how much I spent on candles in 2016. This figure doesn't include Paypal amounts where it just says Paypal but it's £1245.16. I imagine the paypal is probably an extra 250-300 on top.
    Wow! That's a lot of money! You'll certainly chop into your debt by spending that money on repayments this year!
    Egypt is nearly paid for. Sent £250 to sister last month. We are drawing £400 out of our savings pot meaning I just have to find £150 this month to pay for it all. I won't spend when out there as it's all inclusive (taking my own Jack Daniels though!)
    Excellent! Glad you're going on holiday too - it's always nice to have a break, even when paying back debt.
    I can see that we are both still head strong tackling our debt. We'll both look back on this thread in months to come and be proud of what we are/having achieved.
    Absolutely - it's motivating and excellent that we are supporting each other with it! It feels like a long way away at the moment, but it won't be long before we've done it!
    Although I'm not quite sure what I'll do (or where I post) when you get rid of that CC of yours!
    I'll be lost...
    This thread won't die! This is a journey - when this is over, I'll still have projects to pay for (shed), I'll want a new car at some point etc.

I'm already wondering how I'll feel when I have to buy a new car that may involve going into some sort of debt!
    I love the positivity we give each other. It's working well.
    Me too! Let's keep it up!

How are you? Looking forward to your weekend?
    Loan [STRIKE]£5000[/STRIKE] £0; Overdraft [STRIKE] £700[/STRIKE] £0
    Savings [STRIKE]£0[/STRIKE] +£1500; Share Portfolio [STRIKE]£0[/STRIKE] +£4000
    £0 Credit Card [STRIKE]£6800[/STRIKE] £1700
  • Aha! There you are! I was getting Exerbusi2 withdrawal symptoms. I actually think we've have scared anyone else posting on your diary. If you are reading this please join in!
    As I've been off work this week my spends have gone a little array. I've been out for lunch twice which has cost me £25 each time. I'm watching the monies though. When we booked Egypt I refused to pay £20pp for seat reservations. £120 on seats for guaranteeing sitting next to each other? Don't think so!
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Exerbusi2
    Ha! I haven't disappeared, I've just been really busy this week!

The spending happens - it happened with me last weekend. I seem to have it under control again now though, which is good news!

I'm still due a significant amount of money from a client, which should have been paid last week. I'm chasing that up and when it arrives it'll make my financial situation significantly more comfortable!

I don't blame you for not paying for seats - I don't either. I've got a lot of travel coming up this year (possibly 5 trips abroad) but I won't pay for a single seat!

Bath this weekend. It may cost us a few quid, but it'll be a nice reward for a lot of work done this week!
  • zippygeorgeandben
    zippygeorgeandben Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 March 2017 at 11:58PM
    When your lovely other half asks you to buy something in Bath or pay to go into the Roman Baths , you'll have in the back of your mind. 'Hmmm but what will zippy say!?'

Oh - just adding this - Sainsburys PIN number came through today so card should be here within a couple!
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Exerbusi2
    That's fantastic about the card - it'll be a real milestone on the road to paying off your debt!

I'm still chasing a payment from a company who owe me money - I'm hoping that comes in next week as it'll make me financially much more comfortable.

I was paid some money yesterday by a company who owed me something. Not a huge amount, but it'll make sure the jeans I desperately need (I'm down to 1 pair - problems with living frugally!) will essentially be free!

I'll pay another £20 off the CC this morning. Again, not a mind-blowing amount of cash, but at this point of the journey I'm focussing on momentum and as Tesco says, every little helps!

I'm currently sat in the lodge we've hired in Bath. My girlfriend is still sleeping (I'm an early bird nowadays), so I'm blissfully relaxing with a nice coffee, the computer and in a second I'll open my book again.

This is the life....
  • Hey Exerbusi2 I hope you are having a lovely time!
    £20 off, good for you. Yes it's a small sum, but it's 0.whatever% off your total debt! Rather be going down than up!
    Quick point: I don't think I'll be able to shift most of the Zopa Loan to the credit card will I? It doesn't work like that yes? What do you think I could do?
  • Exerbusi2
    Hey Exerbusi2
    Quick point: I don't think I'll be able to shift most of the Zopa Loan to the credit card will I? It doesn't work like that yes? What do you think I could do?
    You can - I did it a few years ago. I had a HSBC loan that I shifted in chunks to the 0% credit card. I just transferred as much as I could, then I'd pay some of it off and transfer more. Worked for me.

As for Bath, we've had a lovely time. Really nice place and (relatively speaking) didn't spend much money!

It's my actual birthday next Friday, so I shall treat myself to some new clothes then I think!
  • Hey Exerbusi2 I'm glad you have had a nice time in Bath, hope the weather was pleasant.
    Birthday as well! Just as we get into Spring too! I'm a May birthday so not too far away I guess.
    I think I need a flipchat with arrows and boxes to work out how to transfer this loan.
    I'm worrying I didn't think this through actually. Will I have to shift it in chunks depending on how much money I have in my bank account. I was naive to think that I could just electronically transfer the remaining Zopa balance to a CC yes?
  • Exerbusi2
    Hey Exerbusi2 I'm glad you have had a nice time in Bath, hope the weather was pleasant.
    Thank you! It was lovely - fantastic little place! Weather wise, it wasn't too bad - cloudy but mild enough to go around without a coat!
    I think I need a flipchat with arrows and boxes to work out how to transfer this loan. I was naive to think that I could just electronically transfer the remaining Zopa balance to a CC yes?
    No, it's easy enough.

If your CC balance can pay off the loan, simply ring Zopa and pay it all off using that card. If it doesn't, still ring ZOPA and pay off as much as you can using the 0% CC.

Once you've made a payment or two, transfer the next chunk of the loan to the CC and so on.

Does that make sense?
  • Oh cool - so basically ring Zopa and say I want to pay at least £3k off, and give them my Sainsburys CC details?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure