Janey's Journey to Becoming a MFW

Options

Comments

• ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm, I'm feeling very grumpy today! If my OH tells me how ill he's feeling one more time he may regret it :eek:

I'm feeling very overwhelmed by all the things that need doing at the moment and worrying about work is making me feel panicky. I'm meant to be taking my dress for alterations tomorrow morning but may cancel as I really don't feel like it and I've got work in the afternoon :(
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Go and have a lovely walk before it gets dark - I really think it helps the mind being outside x x x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • ljaneyr
    Options
    Go and have a lovely walk before it gets dark - I really think it helps the mind being outside x x x x x

Thanks Tilly,

We did our T£sco shop, went for a muddy walk in the woods and had a 'date night' pub meal. Feeling a lot better now :D
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • ljaneyr
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better :)

Thanks SF, I just feeling really out of sorts at the moment :(

Work was awful today. Any enthusiasm I had after my course last week has gone. Everyone is so unhappy, it is a horrible environment to be in. I almost cried at the thought of going in today and it was worse than expected :(
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Eeek ...that's dreadful to feel so down at the thought of going into work.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • ljaneyr
    Options
    Just made a fairly pointless Tilly tidy of £1.71 to the renovation pot to cheer myself up. It's pointless because I'll be transferring the remaining balance on Thursday anyway but hey ho.

Also, looking at boutique B&Bs in south west france at the suggestion of my mum has helped a little :o
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't suppose weddingplanningstress is helping with how you feel about work.

On days like that I tell myself to just get through twenty minutes at a time.

xxx
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're feeling so rubbish :( how about a bath and an early night?
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Glad the course went well:)

But it's awful that work is so bad at the moment.

I went through many hideous times at work over the years. The thing that got me through was telling myself it was a means to an end - to earn money to allow me to do all the things I wanted to do. But it can't be denied that it is difficult when work is bad, as so much time is spent there:(
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family