New build nightmare

Hi all,

I have purchased a new built apartment recently due to be completed for 30th of June from Lovell homes.

I have been visiting the site reguarly and it seemed there was a lot of work to be done even this past weekend. But the developer was insistent that the apartment will be ready by 30th and I should plan the completation accordingly.

Just now I have received a call from developer and I have been informed that completation has been delayed and they anticipate it will take another 2 weeks as they need to get necessary certificates for building control to pass the building.

So they have royally messed up. Now I am in situation where I have given notice for my place where I live now for 30th. I have got deliveries for furntiure schduled for the weekend. All of my broadband and utilities are schduled for disconnection next week.

I really do not know what to do in this situation and what course of action I can take. Another victim of new build and greed of deveolper in order to reach their half yearly targets :mad:. Any advice would be welcome

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Feel for you bud, one of the reasons i didn't buy a new build. You can try and delay deliveries and the end of contract for your place. but generally in hindsight for the others, never set anything in unless you physically have the keys because you never know.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    ask the builder if they will take the deliverys for you. Also without the certificate you cant buy
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure