Next Step Beauty Academy Complaints Thread

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 November 2017 at 9:05AM
    Wizardina wrote: »
    Hi, I just saw your comment. I contacted the Citizen's Advice Bureau online and they sent me advice about how to reclaim using the courts, but it seemed to me a bit complicated and cost bit of money. I decided to reclaim via my credit card company using a section 75 form which can be googled and downloaded online. Once completed, I sent it to the credit card company of the credit card I used to make the payment. It was quicker and didn't cost anything so it's worth trying first.

What was complicated?
    I strongly suspect there will be no response to my question.
    Edit see post #87 where they were taken to court
  • Andy_Hall
    Andy_Hall Posts: 5 Forumite
    My wife booked a course, paid over £500 up front, got date and venue. Course cancelled twice stating not enough people attending. Refused refund and offered an insulting £60.

Trading name and address:-
    Beauty Education Ltd is Registered in England & Wales
    Registered Office: Harvey Adam House, Wimbledon Avenue, Brandon, IP27 0NZ
    Registered in England & Wales: 10057459

Issued a County Court Summons today for £80. should have my money back within 1 month plus all costs.

Reported to Police and Trading Standards for fraud.

This company are a joke!!!!!!!!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Andy_Hall wrote: »
    My wife booked a course, paid over £500 up front, got date and venue. Course cancelled twice stating not enough people attending. Refused refund and offered an insulting £60.

Trading name and address:-
    Beauty Education Ltd is Registered in England & Wales
    Registered Office: Harvey Adam House, Wimbledon Avenue, Brandon, IP27 0NZ
    Registered in England & Wales: 10057459

Issued a County Court Summons today for £80. should have my money back within 1 month plus all costs.

Reported to Police and Trading Standards for fraud.

This company are a joke!!!!!!!!
    If your wife paid over £500 up front, why isn't the claim for 'over £500'?

Even if you have accepted their 'insulting' £60, the claim should still be for £440 shouldn't it?

What am I missing?
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Why, oh why, do people part with £000s and only after doing so think to Google these companies? Once a company has gone into liquidation it's next to impossible to get the money back, unless you've paid by credit card.

Surely the time to do the investigating is before you part with your hard-earned cash, not after.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unsympathetic, I just don't understand how people in this day and age can be taken in by these scams when access to information and feedback is just a couple of clicks away.
  • Hi,
    I just completed my next step nail technician course which I found was good. But having passed. We were told that our certificate is emailed to us and we have to print it. So... We thought " that's a bit rubbish" but we all said fair enough. Once we had all received our certificates we all noticed it has not 1, but 2 spelling mistakes! I will be calling them tomorrow to request a literate version :(
  • hollydays
    Forumite
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Why, oh why, do people part with £000s and only after doing so think to Google these companies? Once a company has gone into liquidation it's next to impossible to get the money back, unless you've paid by credit card.

Surely the time to do the investigating is before you part with your hard-earned cash, not after.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unsympathetic, I just don't understand how people in this day and age can be taken in by these scams when access to information and feedback is just a couple of clicks away.

Because they do google them but only look at the first few pages of glowing ' reviews,

These are easy to manufacture and another reason why it would be useful if mse created is ' guide to googling' companies
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    Because they do google them but only look at the first few pages of glowing ' reviews,

These are easy to manufacture and another reason why it would be useful if mse created is ' guide to googling' companies

But if people haven't bothered to do adequate research in the first place, they won't have bothered to read the MSE guide.

eg if an organisation claims to issue claims to issue a recognised certificate check the recognising body has heard of them!
  • hollydays
    Forumite
    pmduk wrote: »
    But if people haven't bothered to do adequate research in the first place, they won't have bothered to read the MSE guide.

eg if an organisation claims to issue claims to issue a recognised certificate check the recognising body has heard of them!

I agree to disagree.
    Some people need some help to do the correct type of research.
  • Offe:eek:akdjaoskjfhasjhfoshdsdksjdfnaksjdn
  • They are in Court Next Wednesday at Warwick County Court ....they now owe of= over £1,000 with costs and expert witness and interest..... 240% growth last year for the Arpels business lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback