Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 18 March 2017 at 9:21PM
    Competant? Basic proof reading?

From Gandis own website!!!!!
    Apparently " ..establishing long standing relationships. Architects developers and contractors , required a responsive webiste to showcase their work"

Their typo not mine..

I think we are all getting the picture...
    They design websites ( webistes) but can't even get the spelling right.
  • Quick update.... unfortunately as Totally Beauty Limited have gone into Liquidation (although, as mentioned before the same people continue to trade on Next Step Beauty under the new name of Beauty Education Limited) I turned to my credit card (which I used to pay for the courses which never materialised) to try and get some money back through section 75. I have now been informed that 'transactions made for business purposes are not covered under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act'. Can anyone else suggest any other avenues to try and retrieve any money?
  • hollydays
    Forumite
    Could you start a Facebook support page?
  • Omg!!!! This same this has just happened to me...court and trading standards !!! What a disgraceful company.
  • hollydays
    Forumite
    Tell your story?
  • Just wanted to make people aware, for those of you who maybe have completed a course, that the certificate issued is not worth the paper it's printed on! I spent hundreds of pounds on courses with them because they claimed the courses were BABTAC accredited. If this is the case then they MUST issue learners with a BABTAC certificate on completion of the course! This is not the case. They will attach a shoddy certificate via your student portal, which you then have to download and print off yourself. Having looked into this, I have been informed that this means that the so-called qualification is null and void for insurance purposes.
    I feel I have basically been robbed!!!
  • I recovered my money through section 75 action with my credit card company. However I hear the company has since gone into liquidation so I'm not sure whether that route would still work.
  • Total let down, no refund, no help, very quick to take your hard earned money , almost a year waiting for the course to run, they sit on everyones money whilst you sit and wait to be emailed over and over again .....course cancelled......again. Traiding standards !!????
  • Hi Superflygal,
    I am so glad to be reading your comments because this has JUST happened to me, and believe me i will take this ALL the way!!! They rang me the other day and cancelled my date for the course, (when the course is in a week!) I have had to re-arrange my family holiday because of this course and i have had to book a flight on my own to meet my parents out there!! I am so shocked, if i read these complaints before i booked i would NOT have booked it!!! If you dont mind, can you tell me a bit about how you got your money back in the end, I want to do it right and i dont want too loose over £300 as you can imagine!
    Thank you so much!
  • Hi, I just saw your comment. I contacted the Citizen's Advice Bureau online and they sent me advice about how to reclaim using the courts, but it seemed to me a bit complicated and cost bit of money. I decided to reclaim via my credit card company using a section 75 form which can be googled and downloaded online. Once completed, I sent it to the credit card company of the credit card I used to make the payment. It was quicker and didn't cost anything so it's worth trying first.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback