I Need A New Me

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Tink :)

Sorry that your course is not what you were expecting, it's a shame but you are so determined that you'll smash it out of the park anyway :)

Excellent news about your penpal, it's a great idea to help each other out finding out about postage etc.

K x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hi Tink, sorry the course isn't what you were expecting but don't despair, perhaps there will be chat rooms for discussion? You might get to make some new friends anyway and all in the comfort of your pj's if you so desire!

Lovely plan about your Etsy exchanges too.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thats such a nice idea re your penpal! How long have you known each other, have you ever met in person?

I'm sorry the course didn't go as expected, but I am glad you have the option to distance learn. You will still get to talk to others in various forums though. Alternatively to get out the house, if you have a laptop, set yourself up in Costa for a couple of hours! There's also library's - granted you might not get speaking to people in either setting but its a change of scenery.

Good to see you determination anyhow.

Yes get to the doctors about the cough if you have had it a while xx
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry your evening class wasn't as you planned, but you helped someone else posting about it. Me! I am now starting a course in January. I contacted the college and I can pay in 3 parts. It's straight from work so I hope I have the energy to keep it up.
    Thanks Tink!
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh Tink, I'm sorry too about the course being a let down and you feeling stuck at home more.

When is your trip? Sorry if you've already said but it's difficult for me keeping up to date with everyone at the moment. I work right by the Barbican so it'll feel strange knowing you're so close. Covent Garden and everywhere around here is so beautiful. I often wander around taking random photos as I love it so much.

I hope you're feeling a little better today. Happy New Week. MTxx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies. Where did the weekend go, it has been a busy one that is for sure.

Thank you for all the lovely messages about my course. Rosa & Kirsty - yes they do have forums and I love the idea of being in my pj's to do it, makes it more appealing lol.

Bellevie - No not met in person yet. I only started with penpals again when we moved. She is in one of the groups I am in on fb and since I started talking to her she has started a blog and it now opening an Etsy shop. So excited for her. Hopefully one day might get a little trip over there.

DIA - I'm so glad that I have helped someone with my waffling lol. I think it is better if you can go straight to college from work as you are still in work mode so doesn't feel to bad.

MT - We are going at the end of November for her birthday. It will be weird knowing you are so close lol. I think I have everything sorted now apart from the theatre. I am petrified of heights and typically the cheaper seats are higher and further back. I'm wondering how high I will be up and whether I will be wasting my money or not. I have 2 for 1 tickets for Madame Tussauds and The Eye (I won't be going on the later lol), the train tickets sorted and the hotel. We are also going to fit a bit of sightseeing and shopping in too.

I have been out twice this weekend!! Never heard of but I had two parties. Anyway I managed to stick to budget and even brought change home with me both nights. I'm finding it really easy at the moment to stick to the budget as I know I will screw up our chances of going away if I don't.

The cough kept me up all last night and its hurting my chest now. I have just called the doctors and managed to get an appointment tonight!! Thought I was going to have to wait ages. A client came in earlier and she said it sounds like I have a chest infection so hopefully I will get something for it.

Mr D has been a really naughty boy today. I'm not going to have any flat left at this rate so it is back to him being in his crate unfortunately. I have spoken to a person who deals with animal behaviour and they are going to come and visit us when I can afford it. I hope they can sort him out because I just don't know what to do now. He was brilliant all last week. I pay just under £100 per month to have him walked every day when I am at work so he's not on his own all day. Help!!

Right better get on with some work. I'll go catch up on your diaries tonight.

Take care.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    Just popping by to drop this link in - in case you were thinking of walking over Tower Bridge as part of your sightseeing tour.

http://secretldn.com/2016/10/londoners-wont-able-walk-tower-bridge-next-month/

You can obviously still go and look at it from one side or the other but would need to use a different bridge to cross.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Thanks Joey and for the other information you have provided.

Been a bit of a rubbish week this week. The doctor gave me antibiotics and steroid tablets and I had to go for a chest x-ray on Tuesday morning. I've also got to take a spit sample in lol. Hopefully should have the results of the x-ray in 10 days.

It's been a struggle getting up for work every day as every night I have been waking up between 3am and 4am coughing. It must be when the tablets and cough medicine are wearing off. Have been feeling very sorry for myself and looking forward to my day off tomorrow.

Going to the pictures tomorrow night with DD and my friend and her DD. I really enjoy spending time with this friend as we actually listen to each other when the other has a problem and try our best to help each other out.

Payday tomorrow with the extra day's pay in this month, can't wait. Spreadsheet is a bit tight this month but all for the good cause of our trip. I'm paying for the train tickets tomorrow so they are a bit cheaper.

I've planned my spreadsheets all the way through to the end of February next year and it looks good, I just hope I can stick to it. Obviously I might have unexpected expenses but it will mean I have a little pot of savings too. Any extra will go off the debts. Will update again tomorrow when I have payed my debts out of this months wages.

Take care.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Jumblerina
    Jumblerina Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hope you soon feel better Tink - coughs can be terrible things :( try to take it as easy as you can.

Your plans for your London trip sound fab! You're really organised too with getting your bookings sorted :)

Sounds like you're on a real roll with your budget :D it's kind of addictive, isn't it?

Jumblerina xxx
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    All sounds very well planned and positive Tink :)

Sorry you're feeling so rubbish, it's rotten isn't it? Feel better soon xx
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport