Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• vm2pensioner
    vm2pensioner Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 June 2017 at 6:17PM
    Just had a reply to a support ticket asking me yet again to send a blank email to authentiate@topcashback.co.uk to authenticate my account "within 24 hours". I wonder how many more times they want me to do this? I have already done this more than half-a-dozen times, all with no success. TCB's IT support and customer services make BA's look good.
  • vm2pensioner
    Hey everyone,

@vm2pensioner - can you please confirm your username please? I can help you with this I just need you to provide the information so I can do this.

Best wishes,
    Matt

I have messaged you about this.
  • skitskut
    skitskut Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 June 2017 at 1:02AM
    Hi,

I used confuseddotcom to get some home insurance quotes.

Am I right in thinking to get cashback when purchasing the home insurance I need to click through to the actual provider via TCB and obtain a quote that way instead of going through the comparison site?
  • Hi

I purchased pet insurance via Top cashback for Direct Line which has tracked but is now showing as declined. When I try to send a missing cashback claim form I get the message 'No click found on this date. Have you already made a claim for this transaction?' I have not made a claim already but there is no where else for me to go on the TC website - please can you explain what I should do now or why it has been declined? Many thanks
  • vm2pensioner
    Just had a reply to a support ticket asking me yet again to send a blank email to authentiate@topcashback.co.uk to authenticate my account "within 24 hours". I wonder how many more times they want me to do this? I have already done this more than half-a-dozen times, all with no success. TCB's IT support and customer services make BA's look good.

Have emailed Matt with details, as requested. Also, TCB yet again, as requested. Still nothing - only a pop-up on website to tell me to authenticate my account! If only I could.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@B_M – Thanks for your patience with this.

@Justice13075 – Cheers, I will reply to your email by tomorrow at the latest for you.

@ vm2pensioner - I’m afraid your email has not reached me. If you confirm your username, I should be able to sort this without 24 hours but with you not being able to provide this with me It’s delaying my ability to help get this sorted for you.

@ skitskut – That is right but a brand-new quote needs to be generated and cookies and cache needs to be confirmed. It is also down to the merchant discretion whether they see topcashback or the comparison tool as the last referrer for the purchase.

@ Poundshoplover – Please email contact@topcashback.co.uk confirming your purchase date? I can see if we have an initial declined reason for this.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Earnings still showing as Claimed.
  • skitskut
    skitskut Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    skitskut wrote: »
    Hi,

I used confuseddotcom to get some home insurance quotes.

Am I right in thinking to get cashback when purchasing the home insurance I need to click through to the actual provider via TCB and obtain a quote that way instead of going through the comparison site?

@ skitskut – That is right but a brand-new quote needs to be generated and cookies and cache needs to be confirmed. It is also down to the merchant discretion whether they see topcashback or the comparison tool as the last referrer for the purchase.

Thanks. So the quote I get direct from the merchant is the one I can get the cashback on not the quote I got for that merchant from the comparison site as the two are different. The direct quote was higher but lower if you take into account the cashback! Is that how it works?

Thanks in advance.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@Justice13075 - I will be replying to your email very soon. Please reply to that thread with any further queries.

@skitskut - A lot of the times the quote is the same but sometimes the comparison sites do negotiate special rates or use their commission to offset the cost to you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the reply, Your figures are correct but the amount is wrong the 3 Royal London payouts have been paid at the tracking amount not the correct uplifted amount example the Oct 2016 tracked and was paid at £20 you added a £1 also but the uplifted amount should have been £150 similar with the other two policies. I have replied to you with all the facts. Also I cannot raise tickets for the other 2 Royal London policies
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback