IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPCS parking Fine

2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 March 2017 at 1:04AM
    No window ticket just a letter through the post
    OK so you are in a position rather like this person, but yours was postal so you need to send the usual challenge:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619181

All explained there why NEVER to post anything signed-for to any company on a Friday (what do you think actually happens to such a letter on a Saturday morning when companies are often shut?!). And NEVER send 'signed for' on any day, to a PPC.

Please don't write about what happened in the appeal, that's why the sticky thread at the top of the forum begs people to read it first, before posting.

You do realise the appeal won't actually work, but not to pay?! Read the sticky thread first.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thankyou for your replies, much appreciated

I cannot access the newbies thread as my computer software doesn't support it, am trying to do it on my mobile but getting no-where, I've read the recent threads on the same company

It's all a bit confusing, as I did not get a window sticker just a straight letter

Could someone confirm if this is the correct letter to send please as currently it is all a bit of a mess accessing it on my phone

Do I need to change anything at all? And I have to post it as I don't believe they have an appeal form or any email correspondence at all

The letter starts with

Re PCN number, informing them I am the registered keeper but not to give driver details?

If anyone could copy and paste it, that would be much appreciated, just the first paragraph so I know I have the right details on my phone

Thanks again
    I love a Bargain :beer:
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    OK so you are in a position rather like this person, but yours was postal so you need to send the usual challenge:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619181

All explained there why NEVER to post anything signed-for to any company on a Friday (what do you think actually happens to such a letter on a Saturday morning when companies are often shut?!). And NEVER send 'signed for' on any day, to a PPC.

Please don't write about what happened in the appeal, that's why the sticky thread at the top of the forum begs people to read it first, before posting.

You do realise the appeal won't actually work, but not to pay?! Read the sticky thread first.

Thanks for your reply, I cannot access the newbies thread properly on my phone, hence why I have had to start a topic, my computer software doesn't support the thread version so I'm having to change it all!!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for your reply, I cannot access the newbies thread properly on my phone, hence why I have had to start a topic, my computer software doesn't support the thread version so I'm having to change it all!!

Do not try to do this on a 'phone.

Do you have access to a computer, perhaps a family member or friend will let you use one?

If not, pay for a short period in an internet cafe.

You just need to copy and paste and send the IPC template from the NEWBIES thread. After that you ignore anything and everything unless you get real court papers.
    If that does happen, you will need to use a computer. You can't defend a claim on a 'phone. Come back here for further help if you get court papers.
    Please don't come back if you get debt collectors letters. You can safely ignore them and the NEWBIES tells you why.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I too would advise you to NOT USE A PHONE

but to move this along I will copy and paste the info below, just this once, but for further help use a laptop or a pc , not a phone (I am using a laptop in order to help you , we expect the same courtesy in return)

and dont expect this to "work" they wont back off at this stage , its a potential 6 years of hassle after this step
    Template appeal for IPC members - copy this wording into the online appeal box or into an email:

- if this is an IPC member parking firm, see post #3, there is no POPLA for you, so consumers do not get a fair appeal. Instead, just send this letter or a version of it, writing ONLY as the registered keeper, with their name and address (thanks to salmosalaris for the basis of this letter):

Dear {name of IPC member - only IPC members for this version!!!}

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company and are the the landowner?
    2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
    4. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.
    5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera or timer used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs, which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, as seems likely based on my research) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me. I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle.

I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE KEEPER GOES HERE. THE DRIVER IS NOT IDENTIFIED.

NO NEED TO USE YOUR REAL SIGNATURE - BUT DON'T POST UNLESS YOU HAVE TO - ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE BECAUSE THE APPEAL CANNOT GET LOST AND YOU CAN KEEP A SCREEN PRINT. [/FONT]USE ANY EMAIL APPEAL OPTION IF FIRMS OFFER IT.

You can add to the template above, 'in order to resolve the dispute I attach copies of...': the driver's receipts/bank transactions (or Hospital Appointment/Hotel booking, etc.) that day as 'they' were a genuine customer/patient, etc.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I cannot access the newbies thread as my computer software doesn't support it, am trying to do it on my mobile but getting no-where, I've read the recent threads on the same company

What? It's just another thread like this one and you can access this.

Don't try to read a forum like this on a phone...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thankyou very much, that is much appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family