Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• It was £1.50 last fridays in Sainsburys Denise x

And it is lovely! I bought it for the children and now the weather is cold it is a perfect warmer uperer after a dog walk
  • Lush- we are off on a caravan hols next week and I've decided to try and be as good as possible without spoiling the hols. I've done a Sainsburys order with things like we bread, salad and eggs. We will probably eat out most evenings, but at least lunches and breakfasts will be OK. I'm also hoping to lose weight this wk to balance out any I put on next wk lol. I weighed Mondays so won't weigh now til after hols as have holiday booked next wk.

TIE - big hugs for you. I'm a teacher too, but in a prison. I work with young offenders up to age 18. I am not planning on going back post maternity leaveunless I absolutely have too. Of the 11 member staff team, 4 are currently off with stress/anxiety, 2 have left and I'm on baby leave yet they've not replaced anyone! And they wonder why staff are going off with stress. Unbelievable. Oh and we didn't have a manager for 8months, then we've had 2 different ones in 5mths!

Yesterday's meals:

B - omelette with veg, beans, wholemeal toast heb with butter 4syns.
    L - pasta n sauce, cheese hea
    D - oven chips 5 syns, eggs, beans, ketchup 3syns.
    Snacks - fruit, alpens heb, jelly 1syn, lf creme fraiche 2syns
    Milk hea

Total 15syns.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Does anyone know if any of the Sainsburys cereal bars are a healthy extra? I know Aldi ones can be but we don't have room in car to take food with us on hols so are doing a click n collect shop for when we get there!
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Morning all

This is the first chance I've had to catch up on the thread this morning, we've been busy!

Yesterday was a much better day, the angel voice won this time and I've got my determination back so today is going to be good too. Both will be SP days - we decided against lunch in Morissons and had scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes (all free) at home. Lunch today is going to be similar but with fried aubergine instead of beans, and fried eggs instead of scrambled. Dinner will be HB fish pie with vegetables.

TIE - take care of yourself and as others have said, don't go back to work until you're properly fit. I think employers are crazy not to pick up on issues that people are having to offer them support before things get to this stage. I worry about my DS, he works long hours and is struggling, but gets no sympathy or support from his employers. Their response is to 'work harder'.

Flutterby - have a lovely holiday. You're doing well to plan ahead and keep things flexible so that you're not being a diet bore.

Have a good day everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • - 1LB for me and I'm a target member!
    It's official! I'm going to stay at target (if I can) until the new year and then decide if I'm going to try and get that ever elusive half stone off. Oh, the relief.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2016 at 6:34PM
    Hi, this is my menu for today...

Breakfast.. overnight oats B. + blueberries.

Lunch.. mushroom soup. Half ham salad sandwich 3 Syns. Apple

Dinner.. cod fish fillet slimming world wedges garden peas. Clementine

Extra 2 Ryvita 3 Syns ff yoghurt.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,549 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2016 at 1:43PM
    It was £1.50 last fridays in Sainsburys Denise x

Unfortunately Sainsbury's is even further than Asda! but did make it this morning and bought 2 bottles - just hope I like it now!

Congratulations MM on getting to target. Now comes the hard bit - staying there!

Today's plan is back to EE again:

B - scrambled eggs on toast
    L - LO Louisana red bean rice with sweet & sour sauce*
    D - shepherds pie using the savoury mince I made last week

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - 0.5 for cornflour in sauce; not sure what else

it was OK but a bit bland last night so I made some Sweet & Sour sauce to stir through it - certainly improved it. Didn't make the full amount of the recipe but still managed dinner last night, lunch today and another lunch portion will go into the freezer so certainly :D

It's WI for me tomorrow morning and hoping I've done enough to get a good loss. I've been far better with the syns this week than usual, LOL!

Denise
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just lost my big post... :mad:

in summary.. hugs to everyone who needs one xx there are a lot of unsupportive employers out there it seems. :grouphug:
    - 1LB for me and I'm a target member!
    It's official! I'm going to stay at target (if I can) until the new year and then decide if I'm going to try and get that ever elusive half stone off. Oh, the relief.

:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T

well done Matron Midge :T:T:T

I've popped you on the roll of honour..
    shala_moo wrote: »
    This a list of all our lovely SW-ers that have reached target!

They have a wealth of knowledge, having been there, done it, and bought the smaller t-shirt so please feel free to ask them (and us) questions!

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

Maman - target member for 5 years
    Take It Easy - target member for 10 years
    Meg72 - target member since 2015
    Tweets - target member since Aug 15
    JoeDenise - target member for 5 years
    Blue_Eyed_Girl - target member since May 2016
    Arkers - target member since June 2016
    MrsP1987 - target member since August 2016
    Debjay - target member since August 2016
    Beanielou - target member since October 2016
    Matron Midge - target member since October 2016
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• STS for me this week please ugh

Very annoyed with myself due to self sabotaging again, only had 2 proper days where I ate SW friendly and no cheating so no surprise really. I might opt out of the next challenge (not cos I'm sulking or anything having gained weight :eek: :D) but I feel that not having a target to aim for might relax my mindset a bit.

Congrats MM on hitting your target :T and well done any losers this week :T

Don't think I've said it earlier but welcome back BEG and Tete

Huge hugs TIE I can't even imagine what it's like for you, but as others have said take care of yourself first, I hope the break from work does you good.

Love to all, have a good week
    xx
  • maman wrote: »
    I think you're amazing to manage your finances so well lush. I bet there aren't many people who can plan a beautiful wedding and a family holiday and come out of it with just a few pounds owing. It really is a small budget left over each month though. Will it improve when littlie turns three? I like your idea of challenging yourself with the money, food and Body Magic. I seem to only have SP meals by accident (like omelettes and soups) but I suppose they all count.

aw thanks maman :) not really as we will still need some childcare - husband pays most of the bills. our tax credits should go up a little by the end of next year after finishing paying back an overpayment and we get childcare tax credits that we just have to top up.

I've never purposely tried SP but I think t would help me a lot. I'm also going to back cook some SP stews/cottage pies/etc and freeze in portions just for me when the other two are eating a more syn heavy meal

today has not been brilliant
    breakfast 2 cups of tea (milk from hea) and a toasted bagel thin (6.5)
    mid morning: can of lilt (no sugar version so free) alpen light (half heb)
    2pm ish rocky road hifi light (second half heb)
    3.20pm chow mein mugshot (free - and flipping gorgeous!)
    tea later will be cottage pie with cauli and carrots. allowing 6 syns because I can't remember what mince it is and will add a little gravy but I am sharing it with littlie to get the veg in :)
    will top up on fluids tonight at home. as I am dehydrated and feeling it!

little one starts 8 weeks of gymnastics (1 session a week) on Monday and the sessions are 30-45 minutes ish so I am going to see what I can do during that time to up my activity too/will join in :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family