Invisalign teeth straightening

Comments

• HEY CLAIRE,

im actually going to chelse practise today to get my aligners fitted!
    There is an intial cost of £250 for the dentist to take mouldings of your teeth and send them to invisalign, the remaining £1495 pays for everything, thats top bottom, and refiniement ones at the end made new for you, also you get free whitening at the end.
    im travelling all the way from sheffield, its the cheapest place ive found that does them.
    ill let you know more once ive started it.
    the dentist is experienced in this though so all should be good :)

james
  • Don't write off a fixed brace all together. I had quite a lot to move and i only had to have mine on for 11 months. When I wore it I had so many people (friends and strangers!) say to me how good they thought I was for having a brace and it obvioulsy just showed I wanted to be proud of my smile. No weird looks or comments at all.

Best thing I have ever done and worth every single penny.
  • Mutter_2
    Mutter_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    For those interested, there is a lot about Invisalign on Youtube.
  • does anyone know if any insurance policies cover invisalign, or is it always classed as cosmetic treatment?

Also this deal with chealsea smile? Since some people are getting quoted £4000+, I don't see how there can be no exceptions to the £1495 price tag. :confused:

all very interesting and useful though....
  • fimonkey
    fimonkey Posts: 1,238
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm using invisalign for top and bottom at teh mmoent. I'm on 12/15 for upper adn 12/24 for lower.

They cost £2k, with an initial payment of £500 when the moulds were taken and then I pay the rest by installments every time I visit. (Usually about £120 every 6 wks). No interest added onto the payment plan.

I live in Christchurch, Dorset. And would definatly recommend invisalign. A friend of mine who had train tracks had horrible trouble with mouth irritation.

Happy to answer any questions, just PM me.

Cheerio
  • I have been using invisalign aligners since 2007. My treatment should have been completed in July 2008. It is now Feb 2009 and I have been stuck in the same set of aligners for 4 months! You should only wear each set for 2 weeks.

My dentist from harborne is perfectly aware of the catalogue of problems with the manufature of the aligners andhis tardiness in rectifying problems, yet is unwilling to make a formal complaint to Invisalign or indeed address the problems.

I only needed minor movments of my anterior upper and lower teeth. The aligners moved my molars (this was not agreed) and now I have not had contact with my molars on the left hand side since may 2008.

I have lodged complaints with my dentist and Invisalign yet I am really not getting any further. My last resort this week has been to contact the Dental complaints service. I really did not want to do this however, my complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

I have paid for most of the treatment already.

I am now in a worse position than when I started treatment as my teeth now need to be moved back.

I am writing this as a warning to anyone seeking Invisalign treatment. Make sure you ask your dentist in advance is they have had any problems with Invisalign. The only way that they are able to contact Invisalign is via email to arrange a telephone appointment. The aligners are then made in Mexico. It is a long waiting time should problems arise.

Please also note that the computersized Clincheck you receive is ONLY theory. It may not be the same result that you get in reality.

If there is any dentist willing to advise or assist me, I would be most grateful.
  • fimonkey
    fimonkey Posts: 1,238
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Invisalignjunk,. how odd! My orthodontist has regular contact with Invisalign people who come by her practice, plus she goes on regular updates with invisalign and also other brace makers (clearstep/inman aligner etc). I certainly don't get the impression there would be any issue if I had a problem.... However will defo post here if I do!

In the meantime, would any other appliance help your teeth? Or have you had a second opinion from a different orthodontist?
  • fimonkey wrote: »
    Invisalignjunk,. how odd! My orthodontist has regular contact with Invisalign people who come by her practice, plus she goes on regular updates with invisalign and also other brace makers (clearstep/inman aligner etc). I certainly don't get the impression there would be any issue if I had a problem.... However will defo post here if I do!

In the meantime, would any other appliance help your teeth? Or have you had a second opinion from a different orthodontist?

This would be common for every dentist using invisalign. The people your dentist see though are just reps. Everyone is required to go on a course.

Remember invisalign isn't for everyone, just simple cases, and you don't neccesarily need to be an orthodontist to use them.

Otherall though i think that they are a great product for people who want nicer teeth without crowns and veneers, but don't want the train track appearance of other braces.
    :money: Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou to everyone who has helped.
  • sarah84
    sarah84 Posts: 235 Forumite
    I had my linguals fitted today :-) I'm not experiencing any pain from pressure but my tongue is cut already and my speech is awful!
    If it hurts no-one, let it be :beer:
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,072
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So no-one can see why you're talking like a drunken lunatic! :D
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure