Sort 7 financial things in 7 days

Comments

• mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    WelshWoofer - Hey £50! That's brilliant. What a nice bonus before xmas. Get on the phone to those others. It's amazing how DDs can creep according to estimates and the like.

Rising - Think about all that negativity from those papers from darker times. Not good stuff to have hanging around. Paperwork/ bills are an enemy of mine too. I'm trying to start a simple system of plastic wallets. Lets see how it goes :)

Welcome beadgirl - glad to know I'm not alone in putting off. Let's get this stuff done. Maybe with your car HP contact your bank - see if any DD has been registered (I know thats not the right word!) with them.

:A
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • My goals for the next couple of days:

1. Set up direct debits for my NI and my husband's (we're self employed and remembering to pay NI by debit card is a hassle).
    2. Cancel credit expert free trial before I get billed!
    3. Cancel that silly insurance thing on the Vanquis card (card is cleared every month, just using it to build credit history)
    4. File my tax return online before the January rush.

Er... that's all for the short term I think!
    £2013 in 2013 Member |
  • mineallmine
    Forumite
    Welcome kururunfa. Some good things there. Making stuff simpler too :j
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
  • mineallmine
    Forumite
    1. Close an old savings account and cancel the standing order (yes I know this should be straightforward :o)/QUOTE]
    First part of this is complete :j
    The account is closed. Cancelled standing order their end. Just need to confirm/ensure this happens at my bank too.

First bit of making everything shipshape and simpler has begun.

How's everyone else getting on? :j
  • I've not achieved very much this morning (well, depending on how you look at it!).

I've spent a couple of hours catching up on threads .... I've done a load of washing & hung it up, picked a chicken carcass, made stock and have soup simmering away (am starving so hope it's ready soon) but I've also spent a ridiculous amount of time sorting out my new Diary :o

I've re-done my SOA, written my opening blurb, decided how to do a few things, made a "action point" list, what I want to achieve etc etc but have spent AGES trying to think of a good name for it :o (still not succeeded).

Once I've had my soup, I will tackle the 1st of the bags of paperwork ....:eek:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 6 December 2012 at 2:51PM
    Contracts signed today, things looking ok, fingers crossed.

Today's financial task. I will cancel the broadband/phone/tv package. The new one will come to about half what we are currently paying.:D

Just remembered - received a letter from the Council Tax today. I have been overcharged by about £200. Wahoo.
  • mineallmine
    Forumite
    Crack on with that 1st bag Rising. If you could do a bag a week that's quite a few dealt with by the New Year. Get that £3 back ASAP :)

Sorting the broadband/TV deal will probably appear in a future batch of 7 things for me LL. Probably a good thing you got your deal sorted now as after xmas I imagine lots of people will be feeling the pinch and will be ringing up for deals. Congrats on the contracts :)

So far then we have quite a tally of monies coming back to us. My £200 odd will go straight towards a new chest freezer. Better than knocking around some dusty account earning teeny tiny interest :)
  • I like the sound of this! I'd like to join :)
    1) open savings account for yearly spends (done)
    2) pay House insurance (currently 37% by dd) :eek
    3) check debit for instrument insurance
    4) pay professional fees

I'll think of the rest after teaching!

In our house, when things break, we just pretend they still work
  • mineallmine
    Forumite
    Welcome aboard ChopinonaBudget! You've some crunchy things to do there. That 37% is robbing you of funds that you could use elsewhere. That's a great one to sort out :)
  • Well - No 5 crossed off!

I've been thinking of starting a new diary for a while - current one has been around since 2011 and a lot of things are different now & have different challenges to face.

All done!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure