Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yep it gone really hot here this afternoon too..

Well my luck has been in today... Something fab happened in work, and then I decided to have a toddle down to wyevale, and as I was there they reduced their French lavender plants down to 10p!!! So I grabbed 20 of them lol.. Also picked up chocolate, Moroccan and apple mint plants for £1 each...

They did have loads and loads of plants reduced right down ,not only the bedding plants etc

Ooo ye did buy another plant didn't have a label, but looked like some sort of creeper/ sedum ??? Will take a PIC later, and see if anyone knows what it is lol

Right def need a cuppa
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    IMG_20150629_172411_zpsf6dubuhu.jpg
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837
    First Post
    Forumite
    well done CTC... love a bargain !

ive just sold my old chest freezer on the bay ....£68 !!!! started at £10 :rotfl:
    just wanted it gone :D
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Alfie- I'm hoping for thicker if possible, but the price is really good.

I sold a bath I bought new but didn't use as I wanted a free-standing one & also sold a mixer tap that is one of those Victorian style ones that I bought in a charity shop, but again didn't use. So that was good getting them out of the way. Also sold a stainless steel sink that is surplus - not for much, but it all helps. All in the local paper.

Dave what are Glasto berries? Sound yummy.
    Good getting the rubble put to good use & out of your way - always a win win as they say. Great if it doesn't have to travel far too.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Choille. Bed...a nice wicker rt of one in clearance at sweet pea and willow.com

The bed I have is a hand me me down from some one who got it from an advert. Made in Devon I think...French look beds. Its upholstered and I dislike it because I cannot train DH not to put his head on it so we get grease marks on the fabric. We cleaned it yesterday, but the grease is still ruddy in it.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Bargains CTC - those lavender are great & will last & last.

I'll have a peep LIR.

You must get FIR a night cap or shave his head. Ha Ha Ha . the wall in the caravan above the bed is marked wit Mr Choille & he's bald, so I know what you mean. I do want a comfy headboard, but they are dear. Sure they can't be that hard to make.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    choille wrote: »
    Bargains CTC - those lavender are great & will last & last.

I'll have a peep LIR.

You must get FIR a night cap or shave his head. Ha Ha Ha . the wall in the caravan above the bed is marked wit Mr Choille & he's bald, so I know what you mean. I do want a comfy headboard, but they are dear. Sure they can't be that hard to make.

Making one would definitely be cheapest option I think. Plus most unique. I also dislike fabric on ours, so when I get some I like I just plane to cheat by stapling it over and then outing the binding stuff on the edges.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I'd like a bed a little like this

http://www.designbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tree-bed_2112.jpg

But, er, gilded. Don' ask for much eh? Then hung with lace or very fine silk curtains for summer,
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837
    First Post
    Forumite
    this is an oak bed being hand carved/made for a friend. the oak leaves/acorns are for the NEW FOREST...

opnxow.jpgk3kpzn.jpgeqxjxl.jpg351bnyp.jpg
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    choille wrote: »
    Dave what are Glasto berries? Sound yummy.
    Good getting the rubble put to good use & out of your way - always a win win as they say. Great if it doesn't have to travel far too.

Er the Glaston berries were a joke...not real. Not much of a joke either! :o

Anyway, I was pretty sure the 'bombs' in Exeter weren't real either, or I wouldn't have joked about it.

The rubble removal is real, but no one's arrived to do any yet. I think I'll have a lot more than they'll need, unfortunately.

I haven't anything on the bay at present, but I'm bidding on another wheeled strimmer. :D The gas hob I failed to sell a week ago was the first flop I've had...and it was a Neff. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback