Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 28 June 2015 at 11:51AM
    Rain, rain, rain - where have you heard that before? Absolutely torrential this morning although it's a bit brighter now but ground is saturated again.

Just re-potted the rescue orchid, apart from a few dried out surface roots it looks OK. Also cut the flower spike from the rescue "Painted Feather" bromeliad to give it a chance to bounce back - these plants seems to like the conditions in the west facing window on the stair landing. Bright, but not midday sun I guess.

Shaken out the metal drum that was 'layer' planted with daffs, tulips etc. Recycled everything except the daffs, as other bulbs aren't reliable repeat-flowering in Scotland. Collected all the daffs that had been thrown behind shrubs etc. to die-back, now have a fair few in the garage to replant in the autumn.

Fishes had 1st feed, they seem happy enough with flakes but ordered some bloodworm as 'treats' for them :)

Slug nematodes seem to be doing their thing, noticed some horrid brown slugs expired on the ground and there's been little or no damage to hosta leaves.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Davesnave,

Have you guys looked at Nordpeis stoves? They have modern stoves that might be up your street?

I like the x 25 for sheer view potential ( though not the suggested surround)
    The NI 22 without a canopy
    They even have a modern version of my vermont, the Orion.....so still that handy stove top ;) but quite a small viewing window, but I think its got very timeless charm personally, ;)

I also don't hate but would not personally choose something that might perfectly fit your bill....the Bergen. Great view, relentlessly modern ( but not IMO timeless, which the others I think better fulfil) and very simple clean styling. :)
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837
    First Post
    Forumite
    this is is a nice one
    woodstove_summit__heritage.JPG
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon all,

Piddling it down here ..

Just done a small shop, and doing some batch cooking, as when we stay up the ranch, we have got into the habbit of buying ping meals and crap food lol

Just about to make sauage and egg rolls with our own sausages and eggs ( forgot to take our bacon out of the freezer). Mmmmmm!!
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Forumite
    hi all....

well I went to boot sale to look this morning, just got a few nice linen bits.
    picked up sacks of soil mix and lots of plants to make up 4 troughs for another friend..... done that..
    walked fields with postie to see how the potential hay is.. not brilliant ! one field is ready to go, the 2nd will poss be if 6 weeks of good growth... the 3rd..forget it !
    they are going to make haylage from 1st field this year and hay from 2nd.
    postie chainsawed down my 2 fir trees... in what seemed like a flash ! makes soooo much difference ! the light getting through.

roast dinner in the oven, have a good evening y'all
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh Alfie, I can't wait to see pics and how progress with it all
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    What does Blueblue think?

Its been so dry, growth has been difficult. Six weeks seems a long way off though :( With the hot weather predicted next week almost anything should make hay if its worth cutting I'd have thought? Does he get a better return for haylage?
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hmm, just thinking...they said hot...they didn't say dry.....;) posty probably thinking faster than me. Probably be a killer storm in the week. :)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hmm, just thinking...they said hot...they didn't say dry.....;) posty probably thinking faster than me. Probably be a killer storm in the week. :)
    :rotfl::rotfl:

its "old uncle Arthur" that calls the shots..;) and he NEVER has got it wrong so far so we bow to him....:D

he uses his old old tractor [held together with baling twine I swear! and not sure who's oldest ...him or it !!] even tho theres a state of the ark big new tractor sat in the barn he could use..:rotfl:

I think he wants to "try" haylage cos hes got the gubbins to wrap it etc... :p they don't sell it. we all use whatever they cut.. albeit we used less than 20 bales last winter I think !
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for all the stove suggestions, lir. :A I'll look those up.

Alfie, yes that looks nice enough, but then they mostly do....and then I look at this...

http://www.whatstove.co.uk/woodburning-stoves-and-multifuel-reviews

....and I get confused! :o:rotfl::o

We had a bit of rain today, but not enough, and there doesn't seem to be much more for us for a while.

Anyway, I've just been painting today, putting a mist coat on the new plaster in Bedroom 2. I thought I'd better get on with it before our builder returns, but he rang to say he won't be here until Tuesday or Wednesday, so I have a bit of a reprieve. Honestly, I feel guilty if I don't do enough while he's away! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback