Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Malc, thanks for the quick reply. I was just worried that Eon would pass on a blank or zero meter reading to EDF for the gas and result in a huge final bill, but I suppose there are measures in place to prevent that.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Cjc140 wrote: »
    Hi Helena/Malc,

My partner was with EON at our previous address and we are still with EON at our new property. We had been paying of gas arrears on a newly installed pre pay meter at our old property which originally amounted to approx £1000. We successfully got this down to approx £200 and moved property. We called EON and requested that the advisor my partner spoke to called her back regarding the outstanding amount, we never received this call.
    We have now recently received a letter from the high court enforcement group demanding £1000 plus court costs to client EON.
    Obviously my partner called eon immediately and an advisor explained that we had indeed paid the majority of this debt off before it had gone to court (for which we had no warning or letter for) and that the system showed £200 outstanding and was on hold as we were awaiting a call back from EON.
    We then contacted EON legal department as we are very worried to what the bailiffs will do and what stress they will cause when it shouldn't have gone to the high court, the person in the legal department who my partner spoke to agreed he could not understand why the original debt had gone to the high court as this was indeed showing on the system as the majority paid off and £200 on hold.
    He advised her to contact the enf
    Continued...he advised her to contact the enforcement officer and explain what EON had said and agree to arrange a payment plan for the remaining £200. We couldn't work out why this was advised as this shouldn't have gone to the high court or enforcement officers in the first place. My partner called the HCE group and the woman she spoke to was very rude and blunt and basically said if you don't pay the full £1000 plus the costs the enf
    Enforcement officer would visit after which we could agree a payment plan. Obviously we do not owe this money and it should never have gone to court as were not even given a chance to dispute it as we have had several statements from EON at our new property and this was never mentioned nor did we receive court papers. EON customer service and the legal team have both admitted that £200 is on hold, that we have never received the call back regarding this and they cannot understand how it should have gone to the high court. Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated as the enforcement officer is due to visit after Saturday. We have 3 young children and this is causing massive stress, especially after being told by EON it shouldnt have gone to court as we paid the majority off and never received a call back regarding the remaining £200 which is on hold. I look forward to your response.

Hi Cjc140 and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you didn't receive the phone call you were expecting. To be honest, as this is now with our Legal Team, these are the advisors you need to be talking to. It'll have gone past ordinary advisors like myself and will be ring fenced so only the Legal Team can discuss it.

Sorry I can't be more help at this time Cjc140 but hope you're able to sort something out.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Malc, thanks for the quick reply. I was just worried that Eon would pass on a blank or zero meter reading to EDF for the gas and result in a huge final bill, but I suppose there are measures in place to prevent that.

Totally understand the concern strawberrylane. You're right, there are industry wide systems to sort out this type of thing. We certainly wouldn't send a blank reading but there may be an estimate if the previous supplier issues a final bill before all the information's in place. Not saying they will, it's just something to be aware of. The important thing is the opening/closing readings match. That way, your mother-in-law will only be charged once.

You know where I am if there's any difficulties or if you're unsure about anything. Just let me know as happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • BlueEyedGirl
    BlueEyedGirl Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning BlueEyedGirl and sorry for the late reply.

Also sorry you're not happy with us. Has your complaint been sorted yet? What was it about?

Don't forget, if not sorted, you can ask the Complaint Manager to refer it to our Review team. They'll take another look and either uphold what your Complaint Manager has proposed or offer a separate resolution. If you're still unhappy after this, you can go to the Ombudsman for an independent review. You can go to the Ombudsman after 56 days or earlier if we can't sort to your liking and have sent a Final Resolution Offer letter.

Sorry again for the late reply.

Malc

Sorry Malc, only just seen your reply. Yes my complaint is all sorted now! :)
    Thank you BlueEyedGirl,

I'm sorry you had to log a complaint, but I'm so pleased to hear things were sorted out for you:)

Malc and I are always here!

Helena :)

Thank you Helena, E:ON as a company have come a long way over the years especially after all those re-branding issues in the early days! ;)
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry Malc, only just seen your reply. Yes my complaint is all sorted now! :)

Thank you Helena, E:ON as a company have come a long way over the years especially after all those re-branding issues in the early days! ;)

I'm so glad the complaint is sorted, thank you also for that lovely feedback. Malc and I love working the forums and try so hard to help our customers as much as we can.

Helena :D
  • Spooky_uk
    Spooky_uk Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Didn't see this thread, had enough of them now, not the first time we have had issues with them as a supplier. Would not recommend them to anyone due to the shocking customer service and getting fobbed off each time with different stories. If your account is over £100 in credit pretty sure you are entitled to have it refunded back. And DD shouldn't go up as our usage will drop going forward.

Our account is currently £134 in credit after latest bill. Partner has just called them to ask for refund for this and was outright refused but customer service rep and that direct debit would go up to £122 per month. We have had solar panels installed so will not be using as much electricity going forward but have had enough of the obstructive and unhelpful shambles of a customer service eon provide. When tariff ends in January will be jumping ship even if it costs me more.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Spooky_uk wrote: »
    Didn't see this thread, had enough of them now, not the first time we have had issues with them as a supplier. Would not recommend them to anyone due to the shocking customer service and getting fobbed off each time with different stories. If your account is over £100 in credit pretty sure you are entitled to have it refunded back. And DD shouldn't go up as our usage will drop going forward.

Our account is currently £134 in credit after latest bill. Partner has just called them to ask for refund for this and was outright refused but customer service rep and that direct debit would go up to £122 per month. We have had solar panels installed so will not be using as much electricity going forward but have had enough of the obstructive and unhelpful shambles of a customer service eon provide. When tariff ends in January will be jumping ship even if it costs me more.

Why bother phoning to get your DD reduced if you have a online account you can go to your account and adjust the DD yourself.

From memory you can adjust it by +/_ 5% without supplying a reading and 20% if you supply a reading.
    edited 4 November 2015 at 10:43AM
    Spooky_uk wrote: »

Hi Spooky_uk

I'm sorry you're unhappy with the service you've received. Thought it might help if I give you a bit of information about our payment arrangements. Provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, you can have any remaining balance refunded immediately. Our advisor was right, though, to make you aware of the knock on effect this would have on the payment arrangement. If I might explain.

Energy usage changes throughout the year and I'd expect there to be credit on accounts at the moment ready for expected higher winter bills. Our arrangements look to spread the costs as evenly as possible over the year with the aim of achieving as near as we can to a zero balance by the time of the annual review. The amount is based on current prices and usage over the previous 12 months.

Totally understand you expect usage to drop as a result of installing solar but the effect of this won't be known until later. Taking a refund now will mean there's less in the pot ready for winter. This will lead to a request for higher monthly payments to make sure the account doesn't run into arrears and leave you with an unexpected balance to pay come the annual review. Also at this review, any credit balance over a fiver will automatically be refunded.

FOREVER21 is spot on. If you register with our website, you can take more control over the payments through the 'Direct Debit Manager.' If your circumstances do change as you expect, it's a handy tool to keep payments in line with these changes. To confirm, provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings.

Sorry again you're unhappy with our service but hope this explains why the advisor said what they did. There's more information about Monthly Direct Debits on our website including some FAQs and a short video.

Malc
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Why bother phoning to get your DD reduced if you have a online account you can go to your account and adjust the DD yourself.

From memory you can adjust it by +/_ 5% without supplying a reading and 20% if you supply a reading.

Spot on FOREVER21. Thanks for posting this. We'll continue to keep an eye on things with regular reviews but will only make changes, if necessary, at the midpoint and annual anniversaries. At the other times, we'll let you know if things need to change but leave it up to you to make any adjustments.

Malc
  • FOREVER21 wrote: »

erm? Maybe she called up for the refund and not a DD change and the customer service rep brought that up????

Wasn't aware of the DD change facilty though and we do provide a online monthly reading.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback