Howdens or diy-kitchens.com

13»

Comments

• Miles16v
    Miles16v Posts: 191 Forumite
    So, 12 months on and I am having the same debate with myself.

Anyone got a new opinions?

I am interested in the Fullford Gloss range at DIY-Kitchens.

How much of a risk is delaminating of vinyl faced MDF doors? The samples we have had look really good.

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has managed to negotiate any discount out of them, as they currently have no sales on (Maybe something for the bank holiday weekend?!)
  • PheoUK
    PheoUK Posts: 351 Forumite
    We went for carrera in alabaster recently. Pretty happy so farS
  • I'm in the middle of doing the kitchen and just about to order the units. As stated above you can see the doors in any second nature stockist along with other showrooms who claim they are exclusive. The major difference is the carcasses. I actually drove down from Scotland to the showroom and had a look round the showroom and had the factory tour. Another plus with DIY is the choice of carcass colours. We are going for an oak finish and its hard tell the difference between the real wood doors and the carcass finish. The colours come from the Egger range of laminates. Some showrooms still want to use white carcasses with a wooden kitchen. The plus side of this is you can use carcass colour end panels instead of buying wood veneered.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure