Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi smlsave, it was a bung it in receipe made up as I went along,

I think it was :

An onion fried in oil plus whatever spices you like , I tend to do something along the lines of:

1/2 tsp each , cumin, garam masala, turmeric, coriander (I used a fresh tube this time) , a bit of chilli powder or fresh or dried chillies to taste, a coupe of bulbs of garlic (I use pur!ed this time)

Then Chop an aubergine into fairly small pieces , add a carton of passata, a squirt of tomato pur!e and a tin of drained chickpeas and cook on low for a while until it looks done :D

I should add I have not eaten it as I froze it , so It could be horrid!

Hi daisy thanks for popping in , your percentages idea is a good one I may use the same principle this time, I know I Definatly want to save some and spend some.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe ng :) Perhaps I should wait till you've eaten it to make my own ;)
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • newgirly
    Options
    SmlSave wrote: »
    Thanks for the recipe ng :) Perhaps I should wait till you've eaten it to make my own ;)

Maybe :D

I had a half day today, and spent a bit of time going through the accts. This year I decided to op the loan every month and leave the cc's on 0% however its going to be a right pain. Anyway after a look at martins best cc deals I found a card we don't already have :o and it offers 4 % fee for a cash transfer - 0 % for 26 or 28 months (can't quite remember) I have applied for it but its via mbna and we already have a card with them , so its doubtful we will get it. The plan was to stick a big chunk of the remaining loan onto it (and obviously clear it in the interest free period) so the Rate will effectively be 2% per year instead of 6.4%

Either way I'm starting with the cc's and not the loan now, so there is not a lot of surplus in feb so no decisions where it should go, its going to the cc's :(

Another change I've made is to the savings tin challenge I started, from "mortgage free in three" s blog- saving £1 the first week of the year , £2 the second week etc. although this part of the year is nice and easy, its unsustainable for the whole year, as I get £100 cash pm so can't exactly save £208 of it the last month of the year. So new rules are just put £10 a week in a tin, much less at the end of the year but more of a chance of actually succeeding :D

Unfortunately this led to the emptying of my purse to make up for the weeks I have under paid so far , oh well it will be worth it in the end!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Oops to busy spending to update my diary :D

Nothing useful, just me and dh having a couple of pub lunches this week and having a pizza express tonight (without kids ;)) it feels like a big extravagance but today's lunch was delicious leek and potato soup with bread for £2.89. Dh wanted to take me out for valentines this weekend and I've annoyed him a little by scanning through martins best deals rather than decided what local (expensive!) restaurant to go to, so I've booked 3x courses for £13.75 each at the pizza place. :money:

Dh rang the new cc company and we have been accepted for the fluid cc, but only a balance of 5k , so we should be able to transfer £4750 to the loan account leaving £7880 to pay off. So I guess that's what we will prioritise this year first of all.

Hope everyone is well.:)
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Enjoy your pizza tonight
  • newgirly
    Options
    The pizza on Saturday was lovely but still quite expensive -£51 and we only ordered 2cokes and 2 glasses of wine on top :eek:

The boiler stopped working for an hour or do last week so I have a plumber coming to service it today, it seems fine now , dad had a look but thought i it wise to do it anyway. Dd is at a volunteering thing again and she needs driving as its in the middle of am industrial estate , so I've had to take the day off, I really didn't want the boys at name on their own all day either.

I am starting to feel quite stressed out at leaving the kids at home while I go to work , they only have a week off so goodness knows what I'll be like in summer. I know I have to get over it and they are 13 , it just feels really odd :(

I did something very naughty last night and ordered lots of clothes form n*xt , I am going to have a try at a capsule wardrobe , after going through the stuff I've already got I can use a few bits , but in truth it's been a very long time since I bought anything at all and lots of it is falling apart or doesn't fit. I don't even know what size I really am anymore, has anyone else had a go at a capsule wardrobe?

Most wardrobe suggestions seem to be quite smart so its hard to put together a casual one, I've ordered :

Navy leggings
    Navy loose tapered jersey trousers
    White cotton loose top with bow at back
    Red tunic with cream flowers
    Red vest with cream flowers
    Pale boyfriend tapered jeans
    Cream long cardi
    Oversized blue shirt

I also already have:

Dark skinny jeans
    Cream mac
    Navy pumps
    Navy and cream vests
    Navy and cream scarves
    Navy floral maxi dress
    Brown long leather boots
    Beige high ankle boots

I still need a couple of t'shirts , a daytime dress and a jumper but if some of it fits its quite a way towards being done. :)

It did come to £120, but it my birthday in 2 weeks so As I can't think of anything I want I will probably get some money to pay towards it :beer:
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a much needed shopping moment.
  • newgirly
    Options
    It has been alchemilla :D

My clothes magically appeared early this morning and I only ordered them at 9.55 pm Sunday , I can see how people get addicted to this type of shopping! Capsule wardrobe almost complete now, I just need to bag up all the old stuff and have a clutter free cupboard.

First day at work tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to go in at 4 or 5 am if possible so I can get home early to the kids, although I don't want to go in too early incase someone breaks in during the night , as you may tell I am a little worried. It may be the making if them though, I have left instructions but they will still probably eat junk, watch tv and play Xbox :rotfl:

Off to look at the op spreadsheet for the loans.
  • newgirly
    Options
    I am sooo tired, I managed to get into work at 4.15 am :eek: and have been a bit jet lagged all day, only another two days like this to go! On the plus side it was good to leave at 12pm.:D

New cc has been accepted with a 5k balance, so now I will not transfer any of the loan, instead op that by £900 pm until it is cleared this December. The 5k new card can have the santander balance (4700ish) put on it as the deal ends in may. So the loan should be cleared this year and all the cc's next year :beer:

I need to get frugal as food spending has got out of control and I need to start stashing some money for dd's driving lessons for her birthday this summer.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Not much to report today, just another very early start.

I did fit in a call to the building society and I can reserve a new product from March 3rd ready to change In May. 2.64% fixed for 2 years or 3.59% for 5 years, I'm thinking the safest bet is the 5 year one, we still may not be able to change provider in two years depending on the business's finances, it will cost more pm than we are paying now but in 5 years rates must be higher surely ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback