IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks BPA -stayed too long?

purpleroad
purpleroad Posts: 57 Forumite
edited 20 September 2017 at 12:03AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
The driver went to a car park for a meeting but parked in the wrong Car park not the Tescos one. They parked across the road. They were told in the meeting that they would take down the number plate and they would be exempt, but they didn't realise they were in the wrong car park. They overstayed the 2.5 hrs and also the 15 mins limit after 10pm. Haven't got the ticket yet, but sure they will in a few days!

Should they just pay the £50 or can they appeal?

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 to explain how you handle this successfully via the two-appeals process.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

Edit your op to remove details of who was driving
  • You mean my real name etc?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    purpleroad wrote: »
    I went to a car park for a meeting but parked in the wrong Car park not the Tescos one. I parked across the road. I was told in the meeting that they would take down my number plate and I would be exempt, but I didn't realise I was in the wrong car park. I overstayed the 2.5 hrs and also the 15 mins limit after 10pm. Haven't got the ticket yet, but sure I will in a few days!

Shall I just pay the £50 or can I appeal?

Do you work for Tesco's ??
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    purpleroad wrote: »
    You mean my real name etc?

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

Never reveal who was driving.

Write in the third person. The driver did this. The driver then did that etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure