Fall too Pieces

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Oh what a rubbish day yesterday was Scott - so sorry to hear about all that. Hopefully today will be a big improvement.

I cashed out another £11 on surveys and paid across to my card - so yes people, he's not kidding, it's there to be made! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Interesting times ahead for me so where do i start well firstly the work contract payouts have being agreed for me so in my april salary i am getting 1000 pounds then a further 500 in august and october. If i keep my nose clean/stay well i am also due bonuses of 520 in may/july

Next regarding work i am going for a new position within the bank i am not enjoying my current role and i have being on here nearly ten years. I have this weekend to sort the job application but a friend has given me copies of her cv/cover letter and 6months ago she worked in the role i applying for. The role i am going for is a webchat/social media advisor so it will be basically replying to social media feeds/direct messages/ and doing webchats for clients that come through to us on there banking app/online banking.

The new role is not a pay rise but its a slightly higher pay grade than mine so payrise potential i have potential to earn in the long term more money i am nearly at the top of my payscale band. My last 2 payrises i have had have being rubbish due to illness/attendance, but my existing manager is not helping he promises the earth and does not deliver, opportunities for development are non existent. The department i am on the same 5-6 people always get the opportunity to do new stuff i don't however. One annoyance since i came back is 4 people where given the opportunity to do mortgage training to do AIP'S I was by passed even though in 2015 i did all my IFA exams and am a qualified mortgage/independant financial advisor.

gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.com
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi Scott,

I haven't posted for a while but nice to see you have some potential bonuses heading your way. Have you any plans for these i.e. will they go towards debts or?

I'm not quite sure what your current role is however this new one sounds interesting. I'm a customer who prefers to use webchats rather than phone calls etc and I think a lot more people do these days so it definitely does sound like a new adventure! Hopefully one which will payoff for you and be a step in the next direction.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Was it expected so soon?

And I hope your friend is recovering well in intensive care.

Your survey earnings are amazing. Maybe I should try sometime. I usually start and get bored easily, oops.

Happy Saturday. :)
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Hi Scott,

I haven't posted for a while but nice to see you have some potential bonuses heading your way. Have you any plans for these i.e. will they go towards debts or?

I'm not quite sure what your current role is however this new one sounds interesting. I'm a customer who prefers to use webchats rather than phone calls etc and I think a lot more people do these days so it definitely does sound like a new adventure! Hopefully one which will payoff for you and be a step in the next direction.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Was it expected so soon?

And I hope your friend is recovering well in intensive care.

Your survey earnings are amazing. Maybe I should try sometime. I usually start and get bored easily, oops.

Happy Saturday. :)

Hi Chandlier

the new role i am going for is well split 2 ways, you know when you go on a website and a webchat thing pops up usually where someone from the websites company starts asking is there anything i can help with etc etc. Well i will be doing that but a secured banking version where we can do account transfers, bill payments, third party payments, answer queries.

The second part of the role is commenting on and responding to messages on there social media feed. ie twitter/facebook/instagram

re the dog my ex lost her and she was nearly 14 i think it was kinda of expect as we had her and her sister from puppies her sister died last year.

re the extra funds its gunna be split between driving lessons/making dents in the 16300 i owe. Although i have moved its still costing me 105 in travel expenses, i am ranting here but i get on buses into work full of !!!!ed or stoned kids/blokes etc and it takes an hour and 15 mins on a good day each way. By car it takes maybe 30mins going in 45 mins back as the traffic is heavier.

I blew my lid yesterday at the local bus company, bus one was 15mins late net result i missed bus two and had to hang around in durham 50mins for the next one
  • Well i am home after an alcohol induced weekend of rugby i have 2-3 hours of free time before hitting the hay pre work. My cv and cover letter i am pimping as we speak re the job i am going to apply then at 7 afterwork i am meeting my old boss he is going to give me coaching re the interview for the new job.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Scott_Weiland_2 Posts: 799 Forumite
    edited 24 March 2017 at 2:46AM
    Well my job application is in all submitted last night and now we wait. I have being down three times and shadowed advisors in the role, the assessment was an utter night mare being totally honest.

I have just being paid so my bank is 1400 richer yay, on a negative note i have had to put a complaint in against the bank i work for. There has being a data breach on my bank account where my address has being changed without my knowledge and a pass code for telephone banking has being ordered without my knowledge. I have reported this to the fraud team/complaints team and now i wait i was bloody lucky i went online and checked my address and accounts, if they had received the passcode the fraudster could of transferred money to an account anywhere in the uk. I think my days of ever speaking with offshore advisors is done.

My debt management plan is paid, thats me a step nearer less than 16000 yay.
  • Good luck with the job application Scott! I had a nightmare with my bank not changing my address properly and sending correspondence to the wrong address, I let it go the first time but moved again and it happened again. Shocking! Can't be too careful with all the identity theft these days.
    LBM 07/03/17 £14,879.52 18/04/18 £6,100 Starting again.. 31/07/19 £13,367.34
  • Good luck with the job application Scott! I had a nightmare with my bank not changing my address properly and sending correspondence to the wrong address, I let it go the first time but moved again and it happened again. Shocking! Can't be too careful with all the identity theft these days.

Well its worse for me as the bank that's done this to me is the bank i actually work for, the lass who logged the complaint re it on wednesday has logged it incorrectly.

Be aware any complaint logged by a bank that relates to any of the following needs to go through the fast track process which is level three (head office complaints team). I will update more information on here later and i think i will start a thread on a different section of the board. Compensation for banking data breaches is bad

:Customer alleges they were advised they must take a current account in order to access benefits of another account or product​

Complainant states we they will commit suicide/someone has committed suicide as result of Bank actions​

Threat or Claim of Suicide due to Bank actions​

Where the complainant advises that they may or have suffered a loss of £50,000 or more due to Bank actions​Where the complainant advises that they may or have suffered a loss of £50,000 or more due to Bank actions​

Missing/Lost Safe Custody Items​ Banking/Lending/Mortgage Code Non-Compliance​ and ​
    e.g. lost deeds, boxes, wallets etc.

Complainant states we have mis-sold a product e.g. loan, ISA

Unfair marketing e.g. customer believes terms of offer were unclear e.g. marketed via social media with lack of detail​

Any allegation of mis-selling or data breach or complaint relating to miselling or complaint relating to breaches of discrimination acts.
  • exciting times ahead for me i have a job interview on wednesday for a new role within the bank :-)

I am dating again too lol i met a lass on a dating website about two weeks ago, we started messaging on kik and have totally hit it off we went on a first date in durham last night. It was brilliant she is amazing we got on so well the only issue is she is in teeside, but i am seeing her again next week. Happy days

Can any of the chefs on here recommend something nice too cook for her on a budget?
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Scott_Weiland_2 Posts: 799 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2017 at 7:52AM
    Just a tiny update, i am today 135 pounds richer after sorting a friend in the pasts sky tv and changing them bt too sky, top cashback pays. With the money i need to buy a few bits for my flat too make it like home as at the minute its far from it.

I had a job interview for my new role at work which seemed to go okay i find out in a week. If i get the jobs its slightly better shifts 4 on 4 off night shift, working either 8-6 or 9-7.

Personal life wise its all good too i am dating a lass from teeside i have seen her twice now both dates have gone really well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback