Motability car accident claim advice

I was hit by a drunk driver a couple of months back who jumped a red light and crashed into the side of my car at high speed braking my arm, some of my ribs and also fracturing my wrist.

My doctor has said it will be another couple of months before i can drive again however im still paying £50 a week to mortality for a car i can not even use due to my injurys. Is this something i can claim back from the other parties insurance?

Comments

• Markoo wrote: »
    I was hit by a drunk driver a couple of months back who jumped a red light and crashed into the side of my car at high speed braking my arm, some of my ribs and also fracturing my wrist.

My doctor has said it will be another couple of months before i can drive again however im still paying £50 a week to mortality for a car i can not even use due to my injury's. Is this something i can claim back from the other parties insurance?

- no idea but I imagine that as a permitted drivers on your Certificate of Motor Insurance you can, depending on the [RSAM] Motability Insurance Policy
    - what did Motability tell you 8 weeks ago when you reported the accident ?
    - its a new one on me !
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Who is acting on your behalf for your injuries claim? Ask/instruct them to claim the money if possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure