what date for the extra 4 weeks HB?

Options
On Tuesday I will find out when I should start my new job, I think I am 2 weeks away from being able to get the 4 weeks follow on on housing benefit.
I am thinking of asking them if I can start in two weeks time but if they say no then I will start on the date they give me.
4 weeks rent would help a lot but of course the job is more important.

I started jsa on the 8th of April, would I get the follow on if I start working on 7th October?

Thanks

Comments

• The qualifying criteria is 26 clear weeks so if you have been in receipt of a qualifying benefit for 25 weeks and 6 days you would lose out. If you have been in receipt for 26 weeks or more you would qualify.

The qualifying period is not from the date you previously ceased work but for the period of time you have been in receipt of a qualifying benefit. You need to have been in receipt of a qualifying benefit continuously with no breaks.

If you qualify and commence work on a Monday you get paid Housing Benefit to the following Sunday and the 4 week Extended Payment Benefit will start from the following Monday after starting work.
    These are my own views and you should seek advice from your local Benefits Department or CAB.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure