All the small things - tell me what you have done to be MF today

Comments

• LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Today I am giving myself a virtual boot up the bum... I have 7 days until payday and start of new budget.

Mum sent over a dish of fresh/raw lasagne to be cooked for tea so cheap meal as I will just wedge up some potatoes whichare out final lot from the winter tattie planters.
    made up a huge pot of SC bolognese yesterday so planning on portioning and freezing it up and adding kidney beans and chilli to some of it to make a rough chili con carne type dish. I also have a foil lasagne dish so might even stretch out to a lasagne for freezer..
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great thread

**ahem** nothing mfw here today, been shopping. Will be back with some goodness tomorrow or Monday
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Im not quite in the same position as all of you but I have a mortgage to repay all the same. We took out our mortgage 4 and a half years ago and it was £76,000. However, we took it out over a term of 9 years to repay it quickly. My husband has been in and out of work for the last two years but the mortgage is down to £35,000 ish. Currently, we are overpaying my wages and living on my husband's. I have beeen made redundant and been compulsarily retired as from the end of March. Because of our shaky work prospects I have opted for the largest lump sum on my pension and that, with my redundancy money is going to be put in a savings account and the mortgage is going to be overpaid each month from that amount. The house needs doing up but we will then be able to cancel the life insurance on the mortgage (as we will have the means to repay it if need be), so less outgoings per month and we will use his wages to save for the renovations.

i have just bought a pair of new glasses from Vision Express and got 900 Sainsburys Nectar points so that is a saving on my shopping.

This is the first time ever that we will be in a secure position with regard to the house and it feels great, so you are all doing the right thing for that peace of mind you get that the roof over your head is safe and all yours.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Sorry noticed the thread title says what you have done 'today' so my comment is in the wrong place.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• IHateDida
    IHateDida Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    Interesting to read other threads :-)

Me? Today I have:

- Continued to mark exam questions - piece rate but its boring as hell....but I keep thinking of the money inbetween coming on here!
    - Sent OH to *walk* and get bread and milk instead of driving which he would usually have done telling him he can put the £1 petrol in the mortgage pig instead! (he came home and put his change in the pig which I will settle for!)

Now back to the exam marking......zzzzzzz
  • Today:
    Got given a belated Christmas present and I'm earmarking to take a small amount off the mortgage - only a tenner but if I put in a tenner a day, it would make a HUGE difference. Great thread though :)
    Feb 2012 - onwards MF achieved
    September 2016 - Back into clearing a mortgage - Was due to be paid off in 32 years in March 2047 -
    April 2018 down to 28.00 months vs 30.04 months at normal payment.
    Predicted mortgage clearing 03/2047 - now looking at 02/2045

Aims: 1) To pay off mortgage within 20 years - 2037
  • Sepa74
    Sepa74 Posts: 962 Forumite
    This thread is a nice idea. It also reminded me that I took my lunch in to work every day last week except Tuesday when I was on a training course and lunch was provided... yippee!

Was feeling a bit bad because I have splurged on choccie and coffees this week, but taking my lunch in is saves a lot more than I spent on treats, so that's cheered me up no end! Thanks Michelle!!
    Borrowed £150,000 in an offset tracker mortgage in May 2007 - MFD May 2041 (67)

Jan 2012 - £125,620.02 / 2,913.87 / Nov 2032 (58) :beer:
    Apr 2012 - £122,901.88 / 3,170.91 / Jul 2032 (58)
    Jul 2012 - £122, 589.02 / 3,507.99 / Sept 2032 (58)
    Oct 2012 - £120,476.31 / 3,889.42 / July 2032 (58)
  • I have had a packed lunch at work all week :T
    Mortgage Free as of 31/5/11 :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • Poosmate
    Poosmate Posts: 3,126 Forumite
    Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining. I am a d&mfw, hopefully within 10 years.

Today I went to lunch with mom, she paid, so that's my main d&mfw thing I've done today.

Since I realised the error of my ways and started paying down my debt, I have managed to reduce my electric bills, repair clothes rather than chucking and buying new, reduced my food wastage and now I don't so much go shopping as foraging! First stop in the supermarket is the cold shelf where I can get the days whoopsies, sandwiches for 29p, fruite salads 35p. Next stop the fruit n veg table, then the bread cage. On to the dairy/meat whoopsie fridge then the whoopsie freezer and finally the damaged tinned stuff shelf. Last week I got 6 sausages for 25p and 6 finger rolls for 35p so 2 large meals for 70p (I had 3 each night because of them going off).

I used my Morrisons Miles vouchers to bulk buy toilet roll and cat food prior to the rise in VAT. It only saved me about 60p but I have enough toilet roll to last till November this year and cat food till end of March.

Oh something I can do today, and anyone else who is with British Gas, register for the Nectar points they're offering.

Poo
    One of Mike's Mob, Street Found Money £1.66, Non Sealed Pot (5p,2p,1p)£6.82? (£0 banked), Online Opinions 5/50pts, Piggy points 15, Ipsos 3930pts (£25+), Valued Opinions £12.85, MutualPoints 1786, Slicethepie £0.12, Toluna 7870pts, DFD Computer says NO!
  • Today I am very proud of myself!

I have:
    • Been to work
    • Music magpied £60.06 worth of [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE]fantastic DVDs n Cds
    • Claimed £37.57 from Topcashback
    • Opened a bottle of wine - ops wrong thread!!
    TPAx

P
    MFW - We've only gone and blooming done it!
    May 2013:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport