Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• sallyorchid
    Options
    Thanks @NoviceAngel. I paid for all the taxi cost on my credit card. The delay was caused by snow. It was our return flight, from Geneva to Bristol and the flight was cancelled about 7 hours before it was due to leave as Bristol airport had been shut. They put us on a flight from Basel to Gatwick 24 hours later so we had to get a train to Basel too. They did put us up in a nice hotel in Geneva and paid for our evening meal but told us to keep all other receipts and claim.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    If Bristol was completely shut down due to ATC (air traffic control) then you are unlikely to get any extra compensation but if the delay was due to weather at Bristol then you may well be entitled to more, I can do a bit of digging if you can post the flight number and the date concerned.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • sallyorchid
    sallyorchid Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2018 at 8:23PM
    Options
    Thanks very much NoviceAngel. The return flight was EZY6160 Sunday 18th March due to leave Geneva at 21.05 for Bristol. I wasn't expecting extra compensation though it would be nice, my main concern was to make sure I could get back all the money it cost to get to Basel from Geneva, and Gatwick to Bristol. EasyJet sent a text at 1.35pm on 18th saying the flight had been cancelled but didn't state a reason. We presumed it was snow as we looked online and saw that Bristol had been closed earlier in the day.
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Bott & Co say your entitled to 250 Euro per passenger, nothing ventured nothing gained.

You could follow Vaubans guide and start proceedings yourself or use a reputable NWNF Solicitors they would take roughly 25% of any compensation. I and others have been posting in the Jet2 thread about knock on weather delays, so plenty of advice on the last few pages of that thread.

Good luck

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • RibZed
    RibZed Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    So I've received a response from CEDR to my complaint; they upheld one element but said the second element was outside what they could deal with as a complaint within their scheme rules.

They upheld the fact that the case should not have reached an adjudicator without first seeking permission from the other 2 claimants that I could represent them. This wasted substantial time and led to the adjudicator throwing them out - so this was an admin error. They have waived the charge for my 'unsuccessful case' and offered to compensate me instead.

The second element was around the adjudicator not using powers to seek evidence and therefore just letting the ADR process fail too easily. Whilst I understand why this can't be handled as a complaint, it worries me how they actually learn lessons to improve ADR for other passengers.

Their response was reasonable...I just hope they are learning lessons from the process itself though.

In terms of my 3 cases, my one is now in the MCOL system and the other 2 are back with CEDR as individual cases.

And yes....before anyone asks...I did upload all the receipts :):):)
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    ADR what a waste of time IMHO

MCOL has always been the correct route and still is.

• RibZed
    RibZed Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Very difficult to disagree with your HO following my first experience NA!

I'm willing to give it a second try but no more after this if it fails me again.....
  • badskindollheart
    Options
    So, EasyJet have rejected our claim on the below on the grounds of
    “Other Airport Restrictions” with no other explanation whatsoever. Is it worth continuing?

Can anyone offer advice please?

I was on EasyJet flight EZY1806 from Keflavik to Manchester on Monday 26 Feb, which was delayed for 4.5 hours.

On the morning of the flight I received an email advising the flight was being operated by EasyJet Europe Airlines rather than EasyJet (uk?)

When we arrived the flight boards showed delays of 2 hours, although all other EasyJet flights were operating as normal. Neither the weather in KEF or MAN was bad.

On checking the EasyJet tracker they stated the delay as being due to congestion. Then later stated that bad weather was “expected”.

When we finally departed the crew told us several times that the flight was delayed du to adverse weather, then told us the pilot had come in on his day off and the crew were working into ‘contingency’ hours.

I’m wondering if they actually didn’t have crew available as the planned flight was changed to EasyJet Europe? I’m unsure whether to try claiming for compensation as I feel like they’ll just cite adverse weather, which they seemed to be pushing on the plane.

I took screenshots of the departure screens and the EasyJet tracker for evidence.

Any advice is appreciated & apologies for the long post x
    I am Doll Parts
    Bad Skin, Doll Heart
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EuClaim say you could be owed 400euro per passenger. Put your flight details into bottonline and see what they say. If they also say you could be due 400euro then press on with your claim. Google and download Vaubans guide and go from there.
  • badskindollheart
    Options
    They!!!8217;ve now said the reason for our (5 hour) delay was !!!8220;another aircraft was parked too close to EasyJets aircraft, so for safety reasons the flight was unable to depart on time.!!!8221; WTAF??? Is this a joke??
    I am Doll Parts
    Bad Skin, Doll Heart
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport