Credit card machine for small business

Hi, I'm looking for a credit card machine that I can connect to my phone via bluetooth as I do not have a phone line. The last time I did a comparison the web a few months ago, I was inundated with phone calls from tens of companies which I don't want again. Does anyone have any suggestions please ?

TIA

Comments

• fishybusiness
    fishybusiness Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Don't put your real phone number in the forms??????????

Thought everyone did that.
  • diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I dealt with a window cleaner a while back that had i think a Paypal machine. probably doesn't help sorry
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,045
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    iZettle is a company spoken about a lot for this situation. Hope this helps.
    💙💛 💔
  • Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have a sum up machine, seems the best on cost if using low transaction numbers.

https://www.mobiletransaction.org/square-vs-izettle-vs-sumup/
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 846
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    depends on how much money you put through it.

paypal fees and others of the sort rack up quickly when you start putting a few thousand through it.

2.75% may seem small, but on 3k in sales that's close to £85 more than sufficient to pay for a proper terminal with all the associated fees along with the lower likely less than 0.5% for debit cards and marginally higher for credit cards
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    iZettle is good, byt SumUp is cheaper per transaction
  • pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,932
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have izettle and it is very handy and I've had no problems.
    At the time I reviewed paypal, sumup, and izettle and concluded that all things considered I thought izettle suited me best.
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,094
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I use worldpay zinc. It is on my ipad with a chip and pin card reader attached via bluetooth.

It suits me as my use of it is very sporadic. I didn't want to pay monthly fees or rentals which add up, especially if I don't use it much. The only fee I pay is a 2.5% transaction fee per item. No monthly fees and no contract.

The money is in my account within 3 days and I get an itemised invoice each month.

The app is very easy to set up and the customer support is good (uk based)
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • lon_don
    lon_don Posts: 65
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Worldpay Zinc stopped taking in new (small) customers some time ago (but existing customers are not kicked out - yet). Worldpay obviously is still welcoming new customers but they are geared towards big(ger) businesses.

Sumup is cheaper (1.69%), no rental, no monthly fee, and the card reader is also a bit cheaper. It also takes Amex and (I think) foreign non-UK cc (Wpz does not), although Amex proceeds take a bit longer to be credited to your account.
  • GavinT
    GavinT Posts: 1 Newbie
    Cant sell HEMP or CBD products with iZettle. :(

On the whole I have been fairly happy with iZettle (4 years) and their system is developing nicely with the recent additions of product library, inventory and now e-commerce, even reduced their fees from 2.75% to 1.75%

Today came the blow that you are not allowed to sell any product that is HEMP (CBD) based. (this isn't mentioned in their T&C's - see their website)

Though these products are totally legal in most EU & EEA countries, iZettle card network say all HEMP products are deemed to fall under their Prohibited Products. (would that includ e a hemp shopping bag or hat??)

IZettle reply to my appeal on this/

We have spoken with the card network regarding the relationship between hemp and the prohibited segments connected to the rules they have. They unfortunately stated that it was not allowed for our merchants to sell hemp products. It is never our intention to hurt your business and even if we wished these products were allowed, we need to be compliant with the rules imposed by the card networks. Failing to do so could result in fines or even the withdrawal of the right to process payments. We do everything we can to affect the rules they impose, hopefully this will change in the future to allow you to continue your business as before, but at the moment there is nothing we can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure