Farmers' tractors / tractor + trailer combo

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It really all comes down to entitlement. Car users seem to think they should have greater entitlement to the roads than others. See it all the time... usually though in scenarios where the motorist thinks lorries should be banned during the day because they are only doing 50 in a 60
  • James_N
    James_N Posts: 1,089
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    arcon5 wrote: »
    It really all comes down to entitlement. Car users seem to think they should have greater entitlement to the roads than others. See it all the time... usually though in scenarios where the motorist thinks lorries should be banned during the day because they are only doing 50 in a 60

I appreciate what you are saying here, but this question is not really about my use of the road as a driver. It's about excessive (and seemingly unnecessary) movement of heavy machinery on a narrow road. I hardly drive, and all driving around here needs to have compromise with other users - that's expected. No sense of entitlement at all.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,518
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.

Thats funny... You state that and yet quote information from other websites without express written permission.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,545
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    James_N wrote: »
    Red diesel

The use of red diesel (also known as ‘rebated fuel’) is only permitted in certain circumstances, including:
    where a vehicle is used only for agricultural purposes and it is travelling to or from different pieces of land occupied by the same person and the pieces of land are not more than 1.5 kilometres apart;

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/agricultural-law/agricultural-vehicles/

I think this is the para that covers it.

"where the vehicle is a tractor and it is designed and constructed primarily for off-road use and its use on a public road is for agricultural purposes";
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,271
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You should have read the T&C's when you signed up to the site.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/terms-conditions. Para 7
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Red diesel

The use of red diesel (also known as ‘rebated fuel’) is only permitted in certain circumstances, including:
    where a vehicle is used only for agricultural purposes and it is travelling to or from different pieces of land occupied by the same person and the pieces of land are not more than 1.5 kilometres apart;

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/agricultural-law/agricultural-vehicles/

That’s the trouble with the internet because this site says different.

https://www.crownoiluk.com/red-diesel-law/
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thats funny... You state that and yet quote information from other websites without express written permission.

What's even funnier is that he has no copyright whatsoever regarding whatever he posts here ... copyright actually belongs to MSE. ;)
  • James_N
    Forumite
    That’s the trouble with the internet because this site says different.

https://www.crownoiluk.com/red-diesel-law/

Yeah, I saw that too. Thus the questions.
  • James_N
    Forumite
    DoaM wrote: »
    What's even funnier is that he has no copyright whatsoever regarding whatever he posts here ... copyright actually belongs to MSE. ;)

What is even funnier is people with nothing better to do than be difficult or critical of an evening.

Try being constructive could you?
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yeah, I saw that too. Thus the questions.

The real question is why?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport