Is this site legit?

Options
So ive been looking at this watch
"EMPORIO ARMANI AR2460 MENS OVERSIZED BLACK FACE STEEL WATCH"

on 'Watchshop' it is priced at £200;

wheras on 'Designerposhwatches' it is priced at £113;

How come this site is selling it for £100 cheaper, is this legit? or would it be fake.

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bamitscon wrote: »

How come this site is selling it for £100 cheaper, is this legit? or would it be fake.

Their faulty returns policy would appear to be illegal. Hints at other possible problems - I would avoid

"We only accept faulty Goods for up to 14 Days of receipt of Goods in their original condition with all packaging and documentation providing the damage is not caused by Malicious damage and/or Incorrect usage. Claims will not be accepted otherwise. Cost of Return Goods or Faulty Goods is at the Buyers cost and Designer Watches will not reimburse any costs involved in return of Goods back to us."
  • bamitscon
    bamitscon Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    So you would rather pay £200 for the watch than £100? im debating if i should just buy the £200 one from watch shop., unless you know any other trustworthy sites?
  • dlusman
    Options
    So you would rather pay £200 for the watch than £100? im debating if i should just buy the £200 one from watch shop., unless you know any other trustworthy sites?

All I am saying is that if they dont know the law on return of faulty goods , then there is in all likelyhood other things that may be a bit "dodgy"
  • bamitscon
    Options
    So im looking at buying an Armani Watch
    "Emporio Armani Men's Chronograph Watch AR2460"
    But does anyone recommend any trusted online watch sites that i can buy this watch from?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Why risk a fake, if you really want the watch then go for the trusted watch shop site and get 8.08% cash back or see if you can find a voucher code for them. https://www.topcashback.co.uk/watch-shop/
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bamitscon
    Options
    I’ve never used cash back before, is 8.4 cashback good? How does it work
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’ve never used cash back before, is 8.4 cashback good? How does it work

You join top cash back and then every time you shop check to see if the retailer is on there and shop through their website and then you get cash back.

Bear in mind its never guaranteed.

Have a look at https://www.topcashback.co.uk for all the info
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lofielectronic
    lofielectronic Posts: 717 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 22 March 2018 at 1:52PM
    Options
    Theres a thread on this very website here (Though it seems some negative comments were removed for undisclosed reasons(?)) - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3241394

Trustpilot has very mixed reviews. Sounds like the main issue is poor customer service and that products are shipped from abroad and may take some time to arrive.
  • bamitscon
    Options
    Would you trust this site tho despite the negative reviews of customer service? Only thing I’m worried about is me spending £113 on a watch that might be fake ...
  • dlusman
    Options
    Theres a thread on this very website here (Though it seems some negative comments were removed for undisclosed reasons(?)) - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3241394
    Posts #10 & #14 on the above thread have all the hallmarks of fake reviews
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport