We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Alfie, you look very chilled-out in the pic!:D;):cool:

Glad you had a great time, despite the hotel being a bit Fawlty Towers....or maybe partly because it was. :)

It seems that *Fawlty Towers* style experiences are all the rage, Dave, as I spotted a hotel offering a *Fawlty Towers Dining Experience* the other day......guess they can treat you how they like, serve appalling food and say it was all part of the *experience*, lol :rotfl: Might be fun though!

Not for one moment suggesting Alfie's hotel was truly anything akin to something Basil F would have been involved with, btw ;):D

LIR, I'm guessing you have checked out Rose of Jericho and Ty-Mawr for authentic limewash paint/colours?

It's been an amazing hot, sunny day here - but despite this I've not achieved anything outdoors as we had some stock arrive this morning which we needed to go through, then had to venture out to the DIY store for decorating materials and Bridgnorth M&S to stock up on BBQ food.....yum :D

Hope everyone is having some better weather than there's been of late :)
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Our weekend hotel was truely Fawlty towersesque. :(. We were even in a ' tower room'

Still, we complained on checking out and got a little money back. Might have pushed for more, but just wanted to get going with our day by then.

And the view was incredible. :)
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    well..... welcome back to England !

discovered the company that collected/parked my car from airport and returned it to us on leaving had obviously tried off roading in it as all the front wheel arches and base plate [bumper wraps round then joins a base plate under engine] is smashed to f**k :mad:

gardener at work today spotted turf hanging down underneath and asked me what id been doing in it ! I crawled under and saw damage.
    there was mud on wheels and side but assumed bad weather when I left it.. I then worked out there was NO rain on day I left it and return day..?? so it was moved during the week ?
    gardener reckons it went into a ditch ? and they compacted the base plate in turn concertining the wheel arch plastic.. there is one huge crack which has a wedge of turf stuck in it....

I have rung them and I have to put it in an email with pics...
    im taking it to garage tomorrow to photograph it on the ramp from underneath and get a damage report.. the more I look the more I see..:(

my argument is that this damge was done whilst driven not when parked therefore negligence... so watch this space !!

knew it was too good to be true to think my holiday would relax me :o
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oh Alfie, what a bummer.....and what utter bar stewards too :mad:

As you say, back to reality.....fingers crossed you get it sorted, although I can't imagine you letting them get away with it ;):p
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    LIR - did you go anywhere nice?

Alfie - sorry that you've had boy racers at your car while you were away. That's terrible.

Got a couple of tons of wood delivered & I managed to get it all barrowed & stacked, so feel pretty back ached out.

Rained a bit & then the midgies came out - biy were they bad. We have a family of swallows in the house. Just heard them today so they must have fledged. Will have to wait a while before filling in the gaps they've got in.
    !!!!! cat been in & out most of the day. What a little cracker he's becoming - a real good cat. Amazing the difference in his behaviour in such a short space of time.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    speechless...
    snl65t.jpg

2cfa1l0.jpg148ez5i.jpg
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    choille wrote: »
    LIR - did you go anywhere nice?

Brighton, :)

Alfie. I'm horrified. Was it official airport parking?
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Brighton, :)

Alfie. I'm horrified. Was it official airport parking?

it was a company that work by picking up your car as you arrive IN airport and they return it to you on return at arrivals... understand they have to park off site but not in a bluddy field !! with obviously DITCHES :(

p.s. those pics are only some of the damage, im amazed it didn't fall apart on way home . if bits had fell off and flown into a car behind or pedestrian :eek:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    My news is more positive....

Mr Rod came on time, worked like a Trojan and declared that he would sort this section of work by early next week, with a break for another similar job. :D

I really can't fault the chap.... :A...when he eventually communicates/arrives.

Meanwhile, our builder is finishing-off the walls in our garage store room, so that end of the house is almost sorted, at least in a basic way. After sticking a wndow into the guest en-suite, which has always been a claustrophobic space, we'll be done with poking holes in the place. :)

Small matters of main bathroom, the new ensuite, the kitchen and the living room, remain. Still need week or two for those! :rotfl:

Oh....and the drains! :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure