Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 March 2013 at 4:26PM
    Payday at last!!

So this is how I've done:

I've paid £175.69 off my debt, £100.18 of this is overpayments for the Extra Payment a Week challenge. I've only been doing this for 3 weeks so am pleased with this. So my debt now stands at:

Barclaycard £1660.00 to be paid off by end August
    Halifax card £3533.26 to be paid off by 2015

Total debt now £5193.26

Went way over with the grocery budget and overspent by just over £47!! Ran out of so much stuff and went off the rails towards the end. Have set April's at £340. MUST stick to this! :o

Saved £370 towards holiday and associated spends. I'm prioritising this as it needs to be saved by 25 April when we go. This is to include spending money, kennels for dog, airport/plane spending, car parking at airport and last but not least OH's birthday present (as it's his birthday while we're away!).

Am keeping on top of monthly spends by paying off spending credit card on a weekly basis. Have just squared it up so the current balance is nil. This is the best way I can keep on top of this and not let it get out of hand.

Added another £3.08 to my Virtual Sealed Pot and this now stands at £131.44.

Don't ask about weight loss as I think I've only lost about a pound! :(

Have a great Easter everyone!!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    I mentioned earlier that I am worried about OH's health - now I'm scared as yesterday he went to work - against my advice as he'd struggled to get out of bed. He came home a couple of hours later in a right state - he was on the way to the toilet and the next thing he knew he was on the floor and he'd messed himself. How he managed to drive home I don't know! After having a shower he slept on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon. Last night he said he felt better for the rest. I'm very worried as he has also been slurring his speech and walking funny just lately. I told him he must get medical help and he said he would see doctor after Easter. But I think he needs to see a doctor urgently. If he's still not right when he gets up I'm going to ring 111 and see what they say.
  • Hi there sun addict - I just discovered your thread. Am very sorry to hear about the troubles your OH has been having. I agree with you 100% - he needs to see a doctor asap.

Best of luck sorting everything out you seem to have organised yourself very well :T
    Mortgage March 2013: [STRIKE]£55,956 [/STRIKE]£38,500 (aim to pay off by 2020)
    Overpay aim 2013: £9,974/ £5,000 :T:T:T
    Overpay aim 2014: £3,800/£12,000
    Kitchen and curtain fund: €1,000 / €4,000
    Emergency fund: €1,000 / €2,000
  • Sun_Addict
    Hi If and thanks for your support.

OH just rested all day yesterday. He said he feels better for the rest and there have been no more "episodes". However he's still not at all well and I'm keeping an eye on him and I will phone doctors first thing Tuesday to get him an appointment. He is adamant he's going back to work but unless he has made a miraculous recovery in the next 2 days he has no chance of that happening! He's eating well but spending most of the day sleeping. He livens up a bit at night but is going to bed early.

It started off a few weeks ago with him having trouble sleeping and waking up very tired. He started getting a lot of cold sores and feeling stressed. He deteriorated in the last week feeling exhausted and not being able to get up in the morning. He says he felt so tired he was drifting off when he was driving and he has no energy for anything. I'm hoping it's just a stress/fatigue /virus but I have this pit of dread in my stomach that it's something worse. I lost my mum to a brain tumour 13 years ago and am aware of the symptoms so it scares me. I am laying awake most of the night and I feel sick with a churning stomach at the moment.

He loves taking the dog out to nice parks and the seaside but at the moment the poor dog is having to put up with me walking her round the streets and on local rubbishy park - and I am useless at throwing balls!

As you can imagine the last thing on my mind at the moment is debt busting I would normally be setting goals for April but the only goal I have is for OH to get better. We are supposed to be going to Lanzarote at the end of April but I can't even think about that - we'll have to see how things go. It would do him the world of good though!

It's typical - just as things were starting to pick up and I was getting organised this happens! It brings it home to you that health is more important than money!

Sorry for depressing post but needed to get this off my chest and there is no one else to talk to but my diary. Happy Easter to anyone reading.
  • Sun_Addict
    Been awake since 3 this morning stomach churning and heart pounding. OH slept until lunchtime yesterday then got up but kept falling asleep. Later on he said he was feeling a bit better but exhausted and had headache. He was talking about trying to get out today. About 9pm I heard a thud - I must have nodded off - he was on the floor couldn't get up kept saying I'll be alright in a minute. I couldn't help him up as he's too heavy. He got up finally and went to bed but where he fell it was wet - he'd wet himself. I decided enough was enough and dialled 111 but they were "experiencing a high volume of calls" and I gave up OH was fast asleep in bed by now so I thought it was best to let him rest. I was also conscious of the fact he'd had a few beers and they might think he was drunk not ill.

I am so worried about him. I might ring his sister today just for a bit of support really and she might take us to hospital. We've got to get him sorted out ASAP. Trying to hang on until doctors reopens tomorrow but I'm sure he'll send him to hospital.

What a nightmare!
  • Hey Sun Addict, hope things have calmed down now and OH is Ok.

I would take him to the hospital - even if he feels better, the whole messing himself thing shows that he is losing consciousness very deeply if you see what I mean.

The best thing to do for your stomach churning worrying is to go to the hospital.

I know what you mean when you lose some one you love from a particular illness, my boyfriend had tests for lung cancer a few weeks ago and I was terrified as that is how we lost my Dad, mentally checking off symptons is never good. go to the hospital and explain everything

Big Hugs xxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Sunaddict,

Just found your diary, well done on getting things back in order.

Re your DH I really think you should get him in the doctors first thing tomorrow, he really doesnt seem right at all does he!
    Hope its just a virus or something which has knocked him a bit xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Hi buffy and mummy

Thank you for your support. It's very much appreciated. Buffy I hope your boyfriend is in the clear now. OH lost both his mum and dad to cancer -we've not had much luck between us on the parent front have we! They were all older though and he's only 47.

He has been up and had some lunch but now gone back to bed as his back hurts. DS is coming round soon to see us. It will be nice to see someone as we have been stuck in the house since Friday. I'm hoping he has virus - I know a couple of people who have had a seizure due to a virus and they are fine now so pinning my hopes on this. He has been very stressed with work for a while and I know this can contribute. Hoping he doesn't have another seizure but if he does I will call an ambulance no messing about.

If doctors say he has had seizures then he won't be able to drive for a long time which means he won't be able to work as he is a roofer- but that's something to worry about another time - the main thing is to get him better.

Dog is desperate to go out for a walk but I daren't leave OH on his own. She will have to make do with a run around the garden. DD is at work so we're on our own at the moment until DS arrives (suspect this will be after the footie!!).

Keep hoping I've been dreaming this and will wake up soon!
  • Thinking of you and hoping everything is ok with your OH.
  • Just checking in Sun, hope you and OH are doing ok and you got to the doctors.

Big hugs

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills