Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning diary! Well its a good job ive got my wits about me! Nipped into Sainsburys local yesterday for some bread and 2 bananas. I thought that seems a bit expensive when it came to paying so asked for my receipt. I think the checkout guy knew what he had done cos he sort of screwed up my receipt and chucked it in the bag whilst giving me evil looks! Well he had only charged me for 5 bananas not 2 the cheeky swine. So got my refund there.

Weve got loads of birthdays coming up so im going to have a walk into town to card factory for some cards. Im a sucker for paying supermarkets prices for cards and im not doing it anymore! A bit of forward planning and it saves you money!

BTD, does your 6 year old constantly ask for food? I have a 3 year old and shes always asking but now im thinking shes got into the habit as shes asking for lunch straight after breakfast! x
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Me again!

Just popping back to report back about my bargains!

Nipped to the card factory and got 5 cards, 4 with ages on and 1 nice wedding card all for £3.24! What a bargain!
    I also had 2 of those Boots £5 off No7 or Ruby & Millie vouchers than run out this Sunday. So I bought 2 nail varnishes with those and only had to pay £2.50 for both. So I may just save those to give as part of a pressie!!!
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Afternoon diary!

Well a whole week has gone by since my last post.

1 more day of this month left. So much for spending less this month, ive actually spent £40 more than last month!
    Managed to shave over £100 off my shopping bill. In my defence the kids both needed new shoes so left Clarks £44 lighter at the weekend :eek:. Also accidently ended up at the Next sale at the weekend. Did pick up quite a few bargains for the kids for their hols which I would have only had to fork out for next month.

Oh well will do better next month! I can say im absolutely shocked at how fast money can leave my bank account so soon after payday!!!
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Morning diary,

nothing much to report hence no posts.

Going to nip into town at lunchtime to the card shop to buy the rest of the cards for the April birthdays!
    Got loads of overtime in April which will be nice in the May pay :T.

Catch up soon!
    Mummytogirls x

• kerron7
    kerron7 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just wanted to say good luck with your journey, it can be pretty hard going at times but i'm sure we will get there in the end.

Kerron x
    Emergency Fund - £50/£500
  • mummytogirls
    Thank you for your support Kerron.

Im trying to get to the end of a month without having to revert to the credit card. I hoping this month is the month!!

No matter how much budgetting you do theres always something that crops us isnt there!!

Good luck to you too x x
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Morning diary, very long time no write!!
    Nothing too exciting been happening here.

Ive ebayed a few things over the past few weeks. Ive decided the kids have got enough clothes etc so me and DH are going to get a nice treat for once with the money :j!

Dont think ive anything else to report...
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Morning diary!

Pay day today woohhooo!!! Still 5 days until the end of the month but I am well underspent which I am really pleased about.
    I am currently £350 underspent on what I spent last month so im really pleased. Filled the car up this morning which absolutely crippled me at £61 lol! Then theres the shopping so still got a bit to spend but wont be anywhere near £350!

Catch up soon...
    Mummytogirls x

• kerron7
    kerron7 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done, thats great! Its a lovely feeling to have money left at the end of the month, i haven't felt that feeling for quite a while though lol.

Kerron x
    Emergency Fund - £50/£500
  • mummytogirls
    Thanks Kerron.

I have a feeling it wont last though! We have a wedding coming up which involves an overnight stay at £120 :eek:!
    Then we are on holiday a few weeks later, so il be mega skint next month lol!!! x
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport