DRO and self employment

Options
Hi all,

Hoping you can help! Spoke to CAB but no one seems to know the answer. I'm self employed as well and employed. My question is, how will a DRO affect my self employment? It is not a LTD company, and I am in partnership. Can I still run my business as usual? The debt I have is personal btw, nothing to do with the business.

Thanks!

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This is from the .gov website :

Restrictions

You must follow rules called ‘restrictions’ if you get a DRO.

This means you can’t:

borrow more than £500 without telling the lender about your DRO

act as the director of a company

create, manage or promote a company without the court’s permission

manage a business without telling those you do business with about your DRO

If you want to open a bank account, you may also have to tell the bank or building society about your DRO.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure