Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• Sophiedad
    Options
    I applied to switch to Green Star Energy yesterday as part of the Big Switch 7. Today they rang me to say I couldn't switch to them as they didn't cover my area. There was no mention of this in the Cheap Energy Club notification. I assumed that this was a national company offering a decent deal for the whole country. Is this a case of those in the South East of England benefitting once again from the best deals? Any chance of arranging a decent deal for those of us in the rest of the country Martin?:mad:
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was interested in the low advertised prices shown on MSE Collective Switch about this company, until I read the last 2 pages here.

I will not be going further with that interest.

MSE, you need to take more care in setting up a Collective Switch.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • cairndog
    cairndog Posts: 226 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    I was interested in the low advertised prices shown on MSE Collective Switch about this company, until I read the last 2 pages here.

I will not be going further with that interest.

MSE, you need to take more care in setting up a Collective Switch.

Me neither. At least the Forumites gave us the REAL story.
    Bad result from MSE.
    Lucky escape for me !!
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Went with this company last year and all seemed fine. Their website is awful but willing to overlook that.

I didn't change once the 12 months was up as I knew I would be moving. That's when the problems started. Final readings given, account in credit by £162 so I cancelled my DD, emailed to explain moving etc as I couldn't find that facility on their appalling site.

Moved out and that's when it all went a bit t*ts up! Started getting letters about my cancelled DD threatening bad credit ratings etc. Rang them, sorted it out (I thought) although they did say it would take 30 days to produce a final bill then 30 days for a refund!

Today two more threatening letters and no response yet to any of my emails. I get the impression it's not going to be easy to get my money back. Glad I took a screenshot.

They were good to start with but it appears the service has deteriorated as they've got bigger. Happens to a lot of these small suppliers.

VB x
  • Former_MSE_Laura_B
    Options
    Sophiedad wrote: »
    I applied to switch to Green Star Energy yesterday as part of the Big Switch 7. Today they rang me to say I couldn't switch to them as they didn't cover my area. There was no mention of this in the Cheap Energy Club notification. I assumed that this was a national company offering a decent deal for the whole country. Is this a case of those in the South East of England benefitting once again from the best deals? Any chance of arranging a decent deal for those of us in the rest of the country Martin?:mad:

Hi Sophiedad,

That doesn't sound quite right. The collective tariff should be available across Britain (not NI).

Would you mind dropping us an email to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com so that we can look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    MSE Laura
  • newatc
    newatc Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Was going to join the collective but this thread has put me off. Saving a few pounds is not worth the hassle when you know you are likely to move in a year.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    My switch to Green Star is set to go through next week.

As it was a significant saving hopefully it'll be worth it and hassle free but I'll update if anything bad happens.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • JayCee017
    Options
    Switched as part of the most recent big switch but then changed my mind. Cancelled via email within the period. Heard nothing. Called to check they had received it. They confirmed they had but refuse to implement it as they didn't get to the email within the 14 days. No resolution as yet but felt I should report back as this is just all a bit off.:mad:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 May 2017 at 8:33PM
    Options
    JayCee017 wrote: »
    Switched as part of the most recent big switch but then changed my mind. Cancelled via email within the period. Heard nothing. Called to check they had received it. They confirmed they had but refuse to implement it as they didn't get to the email within the 14 days. No resolution as yet but felt I should report back as this is just all a bit off.:mad:

Quote paragraph 2.3 at them. If they continue to argue, then report the supplier to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk or your local Trading Standards (see para 2.9)

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/default/files/docs/2014/10/cooling_off_background_paper.pdf
  • JayCee017
    Options
    You're a star, Hengus. I found that suggested on the Which? site but not the chapter and verse. perfect. Thank you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback