Air Ambulance Service Dot org

My first post here, i have seen the other thread regarding these thieves and thought youd like to see what ive been doing to hit em where it hurts.
I became aware of these low lifes last month and wrote this on another board.

20-09-10

"Seems that theres a proliferation of these scumbags who are preying on peoples generosity and effectively stealing from the air Ambulance by denying them funds theyd normally get from the sale of donated clothes.

These b*stards tried to take a bag from me the other day.
When asked what service they were collecting for, they didnt know.
When asked for ID they had none.
Result, the bag was taken off them.
Theyre eastern bloc in origin, Polish.

Theyve set up a website called :
w w w DOT airambulanceservice DOT org DOT uk however, the site wasnt running but it is as i type this.
Some checking reveals the registrants address is:
28 bernwood road
bicester
OX26 6RS
United Kingdom

slav AT airambulanceservice DOT org DOT uk

Check it out on streetview...looks very businesslike! A semi!

Do NOT phone the numbers given, theyre premium rate to screw you out of your cash.

Oh, the van these turds were using in Dudley is : A grey/dirty white transit, Reg Number S527 UOF.

Police notified. Do the same if they come to your area and help get them stopped."

Just the other day we had another of these leaflets.
So, i followed the delivery "operative" and asked some questions.
They dont like answering them and speak in russian pretending they cant speako the lingo, until i pulled the camera out and started videoing them! Then they told me to "F*ck off!" in perfect english....

When i didnt "F*ck Off!", they did!
Abandoned their drop and fled with me right behind them.
On their phone and yaddering away in russian but i couldnt get the conversation unfortunately.
Ho hum, never mind.

Yesterday i launched "Operation Takedown".

Heres what happened.

*****Operation Takedown****

Today, the Allies had our first success in the ongoing war against these Axis criminal parasites.

Operation Takedown was launched.
Mission brief was a simple one.
Restrict the enemies capacity to operate, using any legal and lawful means only!

Several probes of the enemies defences prior to launch of actions was undertaken with covert surveillance of the subject via internet and telephone ops providing up to the minute intel.

As zero hour approached, several simulteanous attacks were launched.
Phonepay Plus and Consumer Direct were sent along the left flank 5 miles behind enemy lines, with Ofcom providing distraction fire, setting up the target for a fall.
At approx 15.00 hours gmt, allied actions culminated in a decisive pincer movement which cut the Axis lines of communication.
Intel suggests the enemies comms may be down for some time although re-establishment is a definite possibility via other channels being accounted for and will be targetted.
Mission plan will be updated accordingly as and when this becomes necessary.
Satellite recon of the axis base camp suggests further opportunities will arise for future successful actions with terrain in the enemy territory appearing ideal for further covert ops, due to be launched imminently.

Mission accomplished- Their website and premium rate phone lines down. Legally.

That was yesterday, today is "collection day".
Oh deep joy.
Lets see how they like their faces on youtube later on.... (if they turn up).

Comments

• Norant
    Norant Posts: 435 Forumite
    Hello Tactical.

I understand the problem with People stealing from charities in order to feed there own greed,I understand that the Air ambulance is a valuable resource they airlifted my brother after his accident.

What i dont understand is the operation takedown bit..............Its seems all Army/police to me when all it is is a bloke in the street asking questions.I understand your reason behind it and i applaud you for it but please could we have updates in english please.
    Forum spellcheckers are the pitts.
  • Norant wrote: »
    Hello Tactical.

I understand the problem with People stealing from charities in order to feed there own greed,I understand that the Air ambulance is a valuable resource they airlifted my brother after his accident.

What i dont understand is the operation takedown bit..............Its seems all Army/police to me when all it is is a bloke in the street asking questions.I understand your reason behind it and i applaud you for it but please could we have updates in english please.

Hi Norant, apologies, that name was just a bit of fun which i hoped people would get involved with, maybe inspire a few here or there and do their own "takedowns" after following my example.
    If we all do our own little part, scum like this will wilt and die.
    Its only because we tolerate it and do nothing that they prosper.

Its not a case of just a man talking to them in the street either, the premium rate scam phoneline and £5 per text service they were running has been stopped, the website they were running was "taken down" yesterday as a direct result of my intervention after contact with the ISP because of their breaching the terms and conditions.

Ive done some research in the past few days and have discovered that theyve got two registrations for the same company for instance, linked to a third.

The information gained has been passed to at least a half dozen different agencies from across the spectrum to get them involved and hit these thieves where it hurts in ways they wouldnt have thought possible, so it really is far and away more than just "talking" to one of them in the street.
    Not that they did much talking anyway...just lots of running away. :)
    Ive also put flyers in local shops for people to read, oh theyll only read the one big word on it; "Scam!" when they see a copy of the flyers they were posting to everyone and itll raise its profile in their minds and hopefully theyll think before responding to these scammers.

Thats paid off in a couple of ways- one being they didnt complete their drop in my area and two, they didnt come around today to collect anything as they were "supposed" to.

At £85+ per tonne of textiles, it dosent take many of those to get rich, especially at the volumes of clothes theyre dealing with, so anything that impacts on them, even for a day is a good thing.

This is simply a good vs bad type of action, if what little ive done as an individual is repeated across the country, these filthy dirty scum will starve and push off somewhere else.
    :cool:

Ps, i hope your brother was ok.:beer:
  • Hi,

I have twice stopped these scammers vans and have place an inverveiw with one of the leafletters on you tube. I have a facebook group of some of stuff I have found out.

The coperation in the midlands is run by another firm in Birmingham that is doing other charity scams.

The first time I stop then the police came and sized the van for no tax and tyres so bad you could see the cloth fabric bands from inside the tyre.

The second time they let them go as the van was legal.

i am very glad you have joined the battle with these scum.

do search for "stop fake air ambulance" on facebook
  • Norant
    Hello Tactical.

Im not knocking you for what you are doing,it is people who take a proactive aprroach to these thieves that will get there little racket stopped in its tracks.

I now understand it was a jokey operation takedown.

Keep up the good work.
  • And another one rises.

Another flyer from yet another "company".

Definitely a rogue.
    The company is called:

MISTRAL IMPORT EXPORT LIMITED
    103 PRESTON ROAD
    HOCKLEY
    BIRMINGHAM
    UNITED KINGDOM
    B18 4PL
    Company No. 06686795

Another dirty little hole.

A check with companies house shows it was dissolved in May 2010.
    No accounts filed.

A further check with the environment agencys public register shows no waste carrier or brokers licence in force for Mistral Import Export ltd.

Ive noticed something peculiar regarding the leaflets from these scum and others, theyre all IDENTICAL in size, whats the chances of that?
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Ive noticed something peculiar regarding the leaflets from these scum and others, theyre all IDENTICAL in size, whats the chances of that?

What like...... A5/A6/A7 ? :rotfl:

Nice work though
  • Also found that Mistral scam company linked to this address:

44 upper belgrave road, clifton, bristol, BS8 2XN
    Even has the same company number.

Google street view appears to show the house unoccupied apart from a bicycle outside on the left.

Scampered off did they, to come to the midlands i wonder and start it all up again.
  • I received one of those Mistral leaflets recently and thought it looked a bit suss due to the lack of any actual registered charity. I found this thread after googling the firm.

Yeah, according to the Companies House website the company was dissolved on 2nd Feb 2010 so using the name on the leaflets proves they're just a bunch of scammers.

I guess that their argument would be that they do at least state (in very small print) what they'll do with the clothing, DVDs, CDs etc that people might leave out for them: "We will carefully sort your clothes and make them available in second hand shops across third world countries."

So that's "make available" (i.e. sell) your stuff to second hand shops (i.e. they'll then try and sell them on) in third world countries.

So, remind me: who are they actually helping again? Hmmmm...

Oh, and of course, if you check the [mobile] phone number they provide: http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/07518856236
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The ASA have now censured AIR Ambulance Service (Trading) for their misleading leaflet.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Norant
    Last week we had a leaflet through our door informing us that there is a new service in the area that will buy off you all of your old clothes,electricals,mobile phones....so on.

This is the first time that i have had a leaflet of this nature come into our door so i assume it is a brand new service in the area.

the leaflet states that they will give so much per kilo of clothes,and you would have to enquire to the driver for the price of mobiles and electricals.Could this pose a new problem of some people going around stealing the charity bags in order to sell to this new service.

I wish i had kept the leaflet so i could give more info,however after reading it i put it in the recycling.

I have never given to charities that post these bags through our door because its difficult to decide which are genuine,and which are scams,there are three charity shops in my area and we give our donations to them.

Air ambulance is such a valuable resource,it saves lives every day yet has to be run as a charity because it is not funded,i find that completey wrong.I would love to be able to do more to help the Air ambulance but time does not allow me,if it did i would.

Has any other people had the clothes buyers in there area?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport