A camping issue - Is this right, legal or fair?

13»

Comments

• Thanks for responding.

As I see it, I tossed a double headed coin; which came down as the 'other' caravan club got my membership. I felt prssured, and sold on a discount; albeit after I'd paid (and extra as not on D/D) I leqarned the discount isn't for high season or serviced site. So what with that, and only 'used for a bare three months', not a god deal. The trouble is I doubt they have the nuance to refuld (Kerching! more suckers' money into the pot). Refund could have paid for CC sites, as to all intents, one cannot go onto a CC (CL) site unless a member. Mind you, I'm pretty gutted with this (ostensibly) friendly camping club, I'm not sure I want to dip my toes (and come a cropper) a second time.
  • Thanks for responding.
    I need to clarify I wasn't intending to stay there 'permanently'; just a tad longer than I have been. It is not the 'shoving off' that sucks, but the methodology, the faux 'excuse' (a friend rang up and they admitted having some sites left for April; the utter flagrant discrimination, et al. Worse, the wanton kindergarten 'Sending to Coventry' ignore-ance of my very presence - am I bovvered? Nah!.
    Yet, to then contrarily, even offer me a 'seasonal pitch'; which scheme (correction, scam) others had been on for 2-8 years, least. Like Shylock, squeezing out my last pound (sterling) of flesh.
    I am fully aware what goes on, on site.
    I can't help not having a brown tongue. I also have nothing to lose by telling the truth.
    I'm geting over it slowly, but it still claws in my throat. Especially, when I have not yet re-sited, and I'm being thrown off on 29th.
    I'd love to see them deploy the Police as a final "we're categorically a 'friendly' club" gesture.
    Time they received some generously wished Karma?
    Candidly, I had actually reached the same conclusion as you. It is not what I am (a paying guest), but "WHO".
    It is said, "If someone does us harm, our very presence makes them feel guilty; that they end up hating us". Sad.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,352
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    not sure I have ever been more confused
  • Thanks for responding.
    I need to clarify I wasn't intending to stay there 'permanently'; just a tad longer than I have been. It is not the 'shoving off' that sucks, but the methodology, the faux 'excuse' (a friend rang up and they admitted having some sites left for April; the utter flagrant discrimination, et al. Worse, the wanton kindergarten 'Sending to Coventry' ignore-ance of my very presence - am I bovvered? Nah!.
    Yet, to then contrarily, even offer me a 'seasonal pitch'; which scheme (correction, scam) others had been on for 2-8 years, least. Like Shylock, squeezing out my last pound (sterling) of flesh.
    I am fully aware what goes on, on site.
    I can't help not having a brown tongue. I also have nothing to lose by telling the truth.
    I'm geting over it slowly, but it still claws in my throat. Especially, when I have not yet re-sited, and I'm being thrown off on 29th.
    I'd love to see them deploy the Police as a final "we're categorically a 'friendly' club" gesture.
    Time they received some generously wished Karma?
    Candidly, I had actually reached the same conclusion as you. It is not what I am (a paying guest), but "WHO".
    It is said, "If someone does us harm, our very presence makes them feel guilty; that they end up hating us". Sad.

This post makes you appear to be insane. I don't know whether you are insane or not. If you're not, you need to think about the way you express yourself.
  • Exile_geordie
    Exile_geordie Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    Im even less aware of what was going on now by the end of the thread than I was at the start.

OP - you need to use the 'quote' button to reply to each individual post not just reply willy nilly,.
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family