**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Comments

• mrscmr wrote: »
    just found that i can still ebay from where i am going!!! how exciting is that :)

I'm glad that wherever it is you can still Ebay as we would all miss you if you didn't carry on Ebaying.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #016
  • gggggrrrrrrr

Logged on today to find I have been reported by another Ebayer for Miscategorisation of an item I sold this week. It was a Nintendo DS Flips Book/Game, the e-mail from Ebay said that they had not removed my listing but that I had been marked down for Policy Compliance (was showing as Very Low), I am a Silver Powerseller and Top Rated Seller on my Business account, I rang up Ebay just now to say that when I do a search for DS Flips it comes up with 59 other items all listed in the same category.

The guy said it did look like it was an error (he did confirm that someone reported my listing) and he said he had changed it so it was taken off my account.

Will have to log back into my account and check it is back to High for Policy Compliance. I am doing really well on my Business account at the moment and don't want anything to ruin my status.

Just goes to show there are some unscrupulous people on Ebay who find nothing better than to get someone into trouble, at least it hasn't worked this time.
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    TMD that sucks hope they have sorted it.

I am fed up with Ebay at the moment, they have limited the amount I can sell on my business account as I sell too many things the same apparently. Shocking really on a business account!!:mad:
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • I still haven't heard anything back from the lady who was supposed to have collected last Saturday & didn't turn up & I have said that if I don't hear from her by today I will relist it. In terms of the feedback I give her - do I just say something like non-payer, didn't respond to messages?
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Thats what I would do LTS :D so annoying though isn't it :mad:
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • I still haven't heard anything back from the lady who was supposed to have collected last Saturday & didn't turn up & I have said that if I don't hear from her by today I will relist it. In terms of the feedback I give her - do I just say something like non-payer, didn't respond to messages?

Go to your My Ebay page and 'Awaiting Payment' it will have the transaction and at the end it should say 'Open Dispute' or you might have to click the drop down box, then say that the buyer has not paid for the item, you then have to wait 4 days for them to respond, if they don't you can close the case and you will get your fees back.

I have quite a few outstanding payments on my Business account and I give them 5 or 6 days then I open a dispute, at one point I was awaiting payments totally £220.
  • I know this is for selling stuff - but I bought myself a fab present on ebay today for £3 when I saw it in the shops last week for £40! :D so pleased!!!

And I'm gonna try and list a few bits this weekend, not expecting a great deal as it's mostly things that never sold before!
  • Hi everyone I'm back! I was around quite a bit last year as I was ebaying to make money for our wedding (made about £800 in total!). I've got 6 things listed on BIN at the moment - I'll get about £90 after fees if they all sell so that would be great :) I'm on the one debt vs 100 days challenge at the moment, so anything I can make on ebay will help me with that.

Hope everyone is doing well and selling lots of stuff!
  • martafdz
    martafdz Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    martafdz wrote: »
    eBAY BASIC SPREADSHEET

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2hlZ3WCsWUBY2E0NzM1NDMtNTgwYi00MzM3LTllZGUtMDRmMzM3YTA3NDM4&hl=en&authkey=CPXInI0F

Is this enough?
    I left space for 100 items, P&P cost, P&P paid, price paid and fees.
    You do not need to fill everything to get details. You can put lump sums for fees or postage costs in any of the rows for that column, as long as you know that is the total. Or put in the description "Total fees for January", and then put no price/p&p paid by customer and add there the fees only. Same with P&P, you can add a line saying "Total postage" and then add only the postage in that line. It should calculate totals and show you the profit in the square at the right.

It is a VERY BASIC spreadsheet. I am only a basic user, I use them every now and then to do my own finances but never done any course or anything, so please let me know if there is anything wrong and be gentle!! :D

Let me know if there is any issue downloading it.

Bumping in case anyone wants it and has not seen it. :o
    Quit smoking *1st January 2010*

13/12/2012, baby girl!!!
  • Hi all - I've been meaning to list some stuff on Ebay for ages now (I'm a bit of a hoarder!) but the thing that puts me off is not knowing how much to put for postage. So far I've only really sold things that are pick up or will post in an envelope (ie tickets).

I found a bit on the Royal Mail website that tells you the cost for stamped mail by weight - is this usually accurate? I am guessing that size doesn't matter unless a letter?

Also do people generally send stuff by 1st or 2nd class?

:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport