Friday 19th June - What small DFW things will you do today?

When we start out on the Debt-Free Wannabe trail we do loads of big "stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the Gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free...

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending. :money:

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 June 2014 at 9:59AM
    Morning folks :D

Today I will:

[STRIKE]Check my bank accounts
    Update YNAB[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Walk four miles
    Look in charity shops for new clothes/furniture I need to save money
    Post item I sold via Facebook[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Two loads of washing hung outside[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dinner from freezer[/STRIKE]
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Morning All

moomin - Thanks for starting us off today

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Todays little list:

Packed lunches for DH & DS - Done
    Shopping with list -
    Check Banks -
    Check swapits -
    Meals from cupboards/freezer -
    Clear emails (& unsubscribe any no longer wanted) - wip
    Nectar Adpoints -
    Knit -
    Enter a few comps -
    Read library book -
    Check www.freepostcodelottery.com -

Have a great day, love you all xx

C xx

PS drop subtle hint to person who owes me money, if no joy will be less subtle next week
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Busy morning for me today guys but got loads done already ...

Today's list :
    Online banking / vsp
    Workout
    Work lunch
    Put washing in before work so I can line dry
    Bake cakes and freeze some for next week

Think that's it ... At work at the mo but only got the baking to do

Lisa x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • Afternoon lovelies!!

Thanks for the starter Mooomin! So, it's a glorious day here in the sunny South West!! I've just woken up after a 20 hour shift yesterday! Kerrrrching!! :footie:

So, two more nigh shifts to go until days off, do today's plan is:

:) Check banking - all fine!

:) Catch up on Nectar Adpoints - let this slip over the last few months so there should be loads of points available!! We're at over £50 worth of points now

:) Train at work's gym

:) Small shop at Lidl, only need 3 days worth of food as will be back to Wales for days off and OH will go to the outlaws!

:) Wash & vac car at work if I get any down time tonight

:) Pop up to the allotment and pick free salad to have with dinner

:) Start to plan next month's finances - budget for weekend away in Germany and savings back to normal level!!

Rightyho, I think that's about it from me... Off to enjoy my brunch in the sun!!

Shoot x
    :T DEBT FREE AS OF APRIL 2013! :T
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul"
  • Hello all, hope you are having a good Friday.

I am working from home and made sure I put the alarm on and followed usual morning routine so I could make a good start (don't want boss to regret allowing this and I have loads to do).

So no petrol spend, or any other spends today. All meals from home. Have checked bank accounts and need to update my signature. Debt is reducing - a bit slower than I'd like but the numbers are going in the right direction.

Struggling to reduce overdraft though. If I can't reduce it next month we may need to try a different strategy.

Found out yesterday that sons motorbike will most likely be written off. We bought this new in December for his 18th birthday - it seemed at the time a good decision as we only had to make a £99 deposit and he got the bike and all the safety gear. The repayments are low interest and much cheaper than driving lessons and it gave him a much better chance of getting work (no public transport where we live). However, as he is still a learner we could only get insurance with £800 excess.....

That said, at least this way we won't have to find the money for repairs. I think it might be the least painful of the options money wise (there are no painless ones).

Hubbie is a little better again today. Think this is going to be a long slow recovery.

We really could do with some good luck for a change - please!!!

Better get on with some work.

Bets wishes all x
  • owen_money
    owen_money Posts: 764 Forumite
    Its the 20th today, not the 19th BTW. Your MSE idea of using an old calendar isnt working :)
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure