Nationwide Building Society PPI Claims

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of a claim with Nationwide Building Society regarding the mis-selling of insurance on a loan I took out back in May 2003.
It is only early days and I have recieved my acknoweldgement letter from the Member Services team advising me they are investigating my case.
However it would be nice to hear of any recent success stories and/ or any feedback regarding the service people have recieved from Nationwide?

I look forward to your responses and good luck to everyone else.

I will post an upate when I have one.

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have not had dealings with these,but there may be others on here who have and will answer your post.
    Fingers crossed with your complaint.
  • I have recently had my claim rejected by Nationwide, their communication was prompt, professional and decision letter arrived within the time frame they outlined. Shame I don't agree with their verdict at all - so its now with the FOS...
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have recently had my claim rejected by Nationwide, their communication was prompt, professional and decision letter arrived within the time frame they outlined. Shame I don't agree with their verdict at all - so its now with the FOS...

What did they reject on,and was it a final response?.
  • There were a number of issues in my complaint, change of employment status and also concerns with pressure selling and general miss-selling. It was the final response as it came with all the FOS leaflets. Rather than get into hand to hand fighting with Nationwide, I thought it better to raise with the FOS - the Nationwide letter didn't address a number of my concerns and its clearly written by a team that are dedicated to avoiding having to make compensation payments...
  • There were a number of issues in my complaint, change of employment status

Do you mean that it is their fault that the policy continued after your employment status changed? Surely the onus would have been on you to tell them.
    also concerns with pressure selling

On what basis do you think you were pressurised
    and general miss-selling.

Unless you have given specific reasons why you, specifically, were missold to then there is not really anything on which to uphold a complaint.
    the Nationwide letter didn't address a number of my concerns and its clearly written by a team that are dedicated to avoiding having to make compensation payments...

From what you have told us, it seems you have made some generic points but nothing that specifically indicates that Nationwide missold to you. That being so, they should not pay compensation because you have not put a case to them that indicates you are entitled to it.

I am not saying you are not, simply that what you have told us would not be sufficient to demonstrate that you are.
  • Yep, correct from what I have posted here there is nothing specific - I saved that for my letter that went direct and goes into a lot of detail specific to my case. I'm not going to post the specific points on an open forum thanks. My circumstances are such that it is clearly a case of miss-sold PPI and the situation is unique. I wasn't looking for advice on my claim, just posting my experience in response to the original poster request for an insight into PPI claims with Nationwide...
  • Just received a letter from Nationwide, confirming PPI on my mortgage, but now asking to justify my claim: "The reasons why you feel the policy has been mis-sold"
    Anyone else received this, or tips on how to respond?
    Thanks
  • confirming PPI on my mortgage, but now asking to justify my claim
    It's not somehow wrong simply to have insurance. You will not be refunded simply because you had a policy
    Anyone else received this, or tips on how to respond?
    Only those who have "complained" without providing any reason(s) will receive such a letter. You respond truthfully with any reasons you have to complain that the PPI was not suited to your personal circumstance. If you can find no such reasons, you can either withdraw your "complaint" or expect the bank to reject your concerns.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure