Opinions on this dress?

Hi All,
I've been eyeing this dress up online for a while now but can't decide whether or not to go ahead and buy it :o
http://m.tigermilly.com/Products/Detail/952?title=hell_bunny_50s_rona_cocktail_polka_dot_dress_black_red_
I love the vintage look and thought this might be a good dress for work, but also casual enough that I can wear it at the weekend.
It's also available with a black collar
http://m.tigermilly.com/Products/Detail/953?title=hell_bunny_50s_rona_cocktail_polka_dot_dress_black_white

The problem is I'm worried it might be a bit too quirky and vintage looking and I'm not sure how much wear I would really get out of it/what I would wear with it. It's more than I would usually spend on a dress and I'm not sure if it's really worth the money or if it would just end up as a regrettable impulse buy.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• I can see how this dress would be versatile and probably quite good if you are having an off day as I would imagine its quite flattering and easy to wear, personally I'm not a fan of having such striking particular look as I think it can be quite ageing, however if you would wear this a lot I think its quite good value, I am a bit of a late convert to Ebay so am a bit preachy about it atm, have you checked on there? lots of this style (not all are used) for great prices :)
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I think they're both lovely and wouldn't mind one myself! Maybe the one with the black collar would be more versatile.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have a look at Lindy Bop, they've got some lovely vintage style dresses and they're a little bit cheaper. They have some good deals in their sales too.
  • I think it's gorgeous, not too quirky at all. Exactly the right amount of quirk.
  • Fairy lights - I too think the one with the black collar would be more versatile but can I just say thank you for letting me know about this site.....I feel a spending spree coming on!
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 November 2014 at 8:58PM
    I don't think it's too quirky/vintage looking. I'd wear it on a daily basis. Go for it!

I'd choose the black collared one.

This shop has some lovely stuff too. http://www.jgthi.com/
  • thanks everyone :)
    I've ordered the one with the black and white collar.
    I'm still umming and aahing about whether it's worth the money so will try it on when it arrives and see how I feel about it then.
    I love the vintage look but a lot of the 50's style dresses I've seen are too over the top and dressy for everyday wear but this one is just right. I'm only 5'4 and a lot of dresses seem to be designed for taller women, so knee length styles like this can be a bit awkwardly long on me and make me look quite dowdy, but if I like the dress I suppose I can always take the hem up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure