~Make upto £10 a day in October 2017 ~ everybody most welcome

Options

Comments

• cufc_mike
    Options
    £11.30 today from MB :)

Managed a few prolific acad studies yesterday, first time I've been able to get on during the day for a while and was surprised to see 3 in there pending. Only small sums, but still better than nothing :)
  • cufc_mike
    Options
    Just realised as I was updating my signature, today's efforts takes me over the £1,000 mark since I started doing this at the beginning of August. So in approx 10 weeks. If I can carry on at this rate, we'd be talking an extra £5,000 over the course of a year. That's going to make an incredible difference!!
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I listed another 10 things on eBay last night, although these are 10 day auctions, so not much happening this weekend for me. However, already got some interest and a bid! Fingers crossed for an exciting weekend next weekend!

Found a couple more things in drawers this afternoon so got a bit more listing to do over the weekend, however, I can't have more than 10 things left to list now (there is over 40 already listed!).

People seem to be loving the auctions recently, so will predominantly stick with these. Seems to be a bit of a turnaround where people always used to prefer the 'buy it now'. Although I do accept any reasonable best offer, maybe people are more comfortable with an auction to bid on than making an offer, who knows.

Already made £74.01 net on eBay this month! It is hard work and I hate listing and packaging everything up etc, but the cash is good and I am clearing the spare room. Looking forward to finishing and only having the odd thing now and again though!

Also logged onto prolific a few times over the past week and cherry picked any of the higher paying surveys. Now am up to £18.50, so close to being able to cash out! Not sure yet if I will meet my target for this month as I am definitely doing less than previous months. Will totally be up to how many sales I make, so we shall see!
    2024 decluttering: 6,935 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅
    April mini kitchen declutter challenge: 38/50
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    Just realised as I was updating my signature, today's efforts takes me over the £1,000 mark since I started doing this at the beginning of August. So in approx 10 weeks. If I can carry on at this rate, we'd be talking an extra £5,000 over the course of a year. That's going to make an incredible difference!!

Every month I wonder how I am going to make my money, but concentrating on small things really does add up. It is always amazing to look back.
    2024 decluttering: 6,935 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅
    April mini kitchen declutter challenge: 38/50
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 October 2017 at 2:57PM
    Options
    £5 from a Facebook sale.

I sold a 'desktop drumkit' that I'd had lying around - it was a present - supposed to relieve stress, but was never opened. A man bought it who upcycles old drum kits, makes them into tables and chairs - among other things! Says he's going to upcycle it to advertise his business.

I thought that was very interesting! :)
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What sites ask to write articles at that rate? Are they long articles? You should be paid more xx

It's low pay at only 1p a word, and if I had time to sell myself and prep a portfolio I could build up higher pay I know, but with 4 kids as well as keeping the books and admin for OH's buisinesses I only have time to do work that is handed to me on a plate lol.

The article are easy, the customer service is great they give feedback and are available via email if you have any issues and they pay monthly without issue.

These sort of companies are often referred to as "farms" and I am aware my writing maybe worth more, but as I said I need quick cash with no extra input from me so it suits for now.

Long term my aim is to write books but thats for when I have more time.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some more to add to my totals £25.35 in articles, plus £207.54 matched betting.

I also feel I should point out I include under match betting some offers I get from matched betting sites that wouldn't be allowed on MSE as some are low risk not no risk, plus I have been doing it since July and am now doing some of the larger more complex welcome offers which payoff bigger.

I have been surprised this month that when I really push at this I can boost the coffers :j

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• MrsCautious
    Options
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    It's low pay at only 1p a word, and if I had time to sell myself and prep a portfolio I could build up higher pay I know, but with 4 kids as well as keeping the books and admin for OH's buisinesses I only have time to do work that is handed to me on a plate lol.

The article are easy, the customer service is great they give feedback and are available via email if you have any issues and they pay monthly without issue.

These sort of companies are often referred to as "farms" and I am aware my writing maybe worth more, but as I said I need quick cash with no extra input from me so it suits for now.

Long term my aim is to write books but thats for when I have more time.

Ali x

Good luck, I hope you make every success of it. I've worked as a writer for a long time and feel very lucky to be doing something I love. If you can do all you can now for your family and still find time to do all you are to make more money, a career as a writer should be a doddle :j
  • MrsCautious
    Options
    I just listed my old office phones for £150 on Facebook and got a message straight away to say could someone have them. Have arranged payment for Monday. I've had a massive mental block about sorting out to sell them so am really pleased this happened. They are worth a lot more but I wanted a quick sale. I will add the money on Monday when I actually have it hopefully and I have bids on stuff ending on eBay tomorrow so if everything works out as it should I will have hit my target. Yay x
  • cufc_mike
    cufc_mike Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    £20.99 MB
    £0.20 Citizen Me
    £21.19 total
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income