9 flights .co.uk

Comments

• I had the misfortune to use 9flights to book 2 flights, they were the cheapest I found. Anyway booked by credit card on their website, anything seemed to be OK, got itinerary confirmation straight away. Did not receive the 2nd email with eticket within 24 hours as advised. My wife then got an e-mail from them saying that her card had been declined as it did not have 3D authorisation. I did not receive any emails from them. I phoned them up about my wifes flight and they said it had been cancelled as we had not paid and the price is now £120 more. When I said I had not received my 2nd email they said I had been sent one saying that my card had been declined, so I di not have a flight either. This took several phone calls to find out, after been put on hold for 20 mins, being cut off twice etc. They could not provide any evidence that they sent the card declined to my email address. My advise if you do use this company then check that everything is OK within 4 hours of booking. By the way they do not speak very good english and you cannot always get through. As for paying them £120 each extra to book the flights with them I did not bother, I phoned the airline and got cheaper flights than originally booked and no credit card charges either.
  • HK1984
    HK1984 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 31 March 2011 at 4:36PM
    I have had problems with 9 flights.co.uk scam I used the airline search engine fly.co.uk

I booked my tickets with 9 flights and paid via credit card. I got a 'payment cofirmation' email instantly saying that the e-tickets will follow instantly. Not a payment confirmation as the correct spelling would be.

This should have sent alarm bells ringing in my head 'payment cofirmation'. I then waited for my e-tickets to arrive my e-tickets didn't arrive so I called them on +44(0) 203 376 9600 I spoke to Yasmin/Narshani

I have had a similar conversation as the post already on here with yasmin. I rang 9flights asking where my tickets are she said I was to late paying for the tickets and the airline did not hold any remaining seats on the flight for me. She said that the payment didn't go through in time and that I would not been charged for the tickets, I was in a rush to book the flights I had an important interview to get to in Auckland.

I asked her I haven't been charged for the tickets have I ? She said that I haven't been charged and the money has been refunded.

Yasmin then sent me another link where I booked my flights by a debit card transaction.

The credit card transaction did not have a 3D-secure pin so as far as I was concerned the payment would not go through without a 3D secure pin.

I paid for the tickets and now my bank tells me that I have been charged twice for the booking.

I rang then numerous times to get my money back for the duplicate payment and they always put me off. I got through once and then they transferred me to another department. I tried again, and again and the number is engaged.

9flights.co.uk is a scam

Does anyone else have a bad experience with 9flights .co .uk
    9flights.co.uk is a scam
  • This company seems to have been about a good while, and I found very little on the net in the way of reviews, apart from this page. A bit weird!

Well, it's true that their spelling is not great - But their phone-lines are actually pretty good I've found. No waiting to get to someone... No waiting at all! Quite helpful. Didn't speak GREAT English, but enough to get the job done.

But the proof is in the pudding. So i'll have to wait before casting final verdict. If it works out well then thumbs up from me: I don't care if they can't spell when it's the cheapest and gets you there. I'll post again when it comes to the crunch
  • lfc84
    lfc84 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    spam alert !
  • If you can actually get cheaper flights with them they are ok. They are a legitimate company although not fantastic.

One of the major annoyances of booking flights is getting the price from a screen scraper then going through to the site and it being a completely different price- this will happen a lot with 9flights. .

They don't give you an actual price based on availability, but a price that did exist at some point but could be sold out. (This is not a 'the last seat has just gone, but the flight could have been sold out for weeks)

As a travel agent, when I did a price match, I would always show the customer that the price didn't exist on 9flights by doing the search in front of them on 9flights website, then offer to price match with someone with actual availability like Expedia or TravelBag. In all the time doing that, I have never found the flight it is quoting on screenscraper sites for 9flights and so have never had to price match them. We all understand that prices can change quickly, but when the price quoted and price offered differ by 2-300, somethings not quite right.
  • jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    PS- If you havent guessed till now I am a lawyer! and these people have chosen the wrong person to pull a con on
    :rotfl:
  • Hi everyone,

I was looking for any reviews on 9Flights.co.uk and saw that this was pretty much the only place with reviews on them, this is after I actually bought the tickets, so I was a little nervous reading some of the posts here. Originally I got to the site through the skyscanner flight comparison site.

I felt the need to write something because our family had a completely hassle free booking with them, and so I signed up to the forums here to let you know that they are ok in my books anyway.

Did a little bit of research and they are part of Crystal Travel, an independent travel agency based in London, with an address and everything, look it up on google, even has a photo of the store.

Anyways our family paid just over £4000 for a trip back to my native New Zealand (at quite short notice) through 9Flights.co.uk and actually saved around £300 based on Air New Zealand prices, and that was after trying all sorts of combinations on Air New Zealands own site to get it any cheaper. We got a comfirmation email straight away and then less than 24 hours later got the e-tickets link and Air New Zealand reference number. I checked it out straight away on Air New Zealands own website and it's all there.

So in summary I found the process very straight forward and we had no problems at all and would probably use them again if the prices were good.

Cheers
    James
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Why anyone would pay a company they are concerned about with a DEBIT card, to save 2% amazes me.

A CREDIT CARD is your best friend against fraud. I have none of these concerns regardless which co we book with. If it goes T1T5 up the Credit Card co refund you. Simples
  • Wow....what a bloody palaver!! Last Sunday, I booked my flights to Perth, Oz (before I saw this) in the morning via the Sky scanner site. Price looked good and I couldn’t really argue with that. Received the customary email confirming payment, and awaited the second email. Tuesday morning comes round and my e-ticket has still not arrived, starting to panic a little now and Google 9 flights. Come across this thread and I am really panicking now...so I get on the phone to them, I am told by someone in a Indian call centre who is clearly reading of a script that they are 'sorry about my inconviences' and promise I will have the ticket in the next 24 hours. Give her the benefit of the doubt and get on with it. So Wednesday evening comes round and I speak to someone else, again an apology 'it will be with you'. By now I am steaming and write an email to them that evening and to add to it I put my Cathay Pacific ref num into the CP website and I get the message:

''Our records indicate that you have not issued a ticket for this booking. Please contact your travel agent to issue the ticket. Otherwise your booking will be invalid and will automatically be cancelled without further notice. "

By now I’m worried and really angry, so I send the strongly worded email and still today I await a response or even an acknowledgement that it was read.

So still no ticket by Thursday morning, try to ring them and all their phone lines are down and the message I get is that 'This number is no longer in service'. Major panic sets in, I’m thinking they have run of with my money (booked on credit card anyway), so I’m half way to calling my credit card company and I see the 'Live Chat' facility, I get through to Robyn after a couple of mins. She can’t tell me why phone doesn’t work, more apologies and she promises that by 10pm that night I will have my ticket. As she is leaving the convo I get the message 'You will have your ticket by tomorrow morning' and logs off. I was so angry at this point but couldn’t really do anything due to being at work. So I wait for 10pm..... no ticket, I wake up on Friday morning....no ticket. So I get to work and phone them at 8:30am, spoke to a lady called Monica (who sounded like she knew what she was talking about), after another scripted apology she says call back after 9am as that when e-tickets come through from their 'ticketing department' who have been having a little problem recently. I agree and keep checking emails, nothing. So at 12:15pm I phone again, he apologies, tries to blag me again. By this time id had enough and just told him to get me a manager. Got through to a manger called Sam (who had apparently taken the call from home as he wasn’t in the office, some hillbilly set up) I basically tell him I will cancel my credit card payment and the rest will be on him to sort, he says he will personally refund my money if the ticket isn’t there by 10pm. I ask him to put this in writing, and make sure that in my inbox in the next 30 mins. He promises this, and did I get the email...no. But anyway as I await my email and e-ticket, I think I need to phone them again, so at 4pm I ring them. Explain to the advisor I’m waiting for an email from Sam, the advisor apologies again and checks my ticket. FINALLY he says they have it, and emails me it. Didn’t receive an email from Sam in the end either.

This company is a hill billy set up. Can’t even do the basics right. I now will pay the extra £100 for a flight to not use this company again. People read of scripts and can’t understand what you are asking them most the time. Sorry for the long message but a lot went on.

Atish
  • booked with creditcard tonight for flight, message comes up as "this transaction has been registered", what use is that? no email to confirm this. looks like a lengthy table-tennis conversation coming up, keep you posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure