Lloyds TSB - PPI Claim?

Comments

• kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    LOL I know ive jsut seen it, I was on my way back here to delete that post, lol thanks xx
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

Asda Savings - £0

POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

~ Emergency Savings: £0

My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    LOL I know ive jsut seen it, I was on my way back here to delete that post, lol thanks xx

lmao, think we missed each other there :rotfl::rotfl:;), never mind we got there in the end.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • kpwll
    kpwll Posts: 4,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    di3004 wrote: »
    Karen

This is what happened to hubby's as well....
    Its with the ombudsman now, been with the FOS though since about August 2008.:o

Hi Di,
    Mine's been with them since June 08, when I spoke to them about 10 days ago re an update, I was told that the FOS is in negotiations with LTSB and others with a view to resolving claims quickly. God only knows how long it will take, if they have to depend on Lloyds moving quickly or if the others are the same.
    I'm looking at it as a form of saving, cos the longer it takes the more interest we'll get back. (Not that I'm going to see a penny cos it will be going to pay off what I owe on the card, but at least it will bring down what I owe them by a bit).

Karen x
  • di3004
    kpwll wrote: »
    Hi Di,
    Mine's been with them since June 08, when I spoke to them about 10 days ago re an update, I was told that the FOS is in negotiations with LTSB and others with a view to resolving claims quickly. God only knows how long it will take, if they have to depend on Lloyds moving quickly or if the others are the same.
    I'm looking at it as a form of saving, cos the longer it takes the more interest we'll get back. (Not that I'm going to see a penny cos it will be going to pay off what I owe on the card, but at least it will bring down what I owe them by a bit).

Karen x

Good luck Karen.
    My hubby is waiting to hear as well, his was ignored by Lloyds from TSB when the FOS upheld in his favour, but it was moved on to the ombudsman due to this.

They did email back not so long back to say something about wider issues that the ombudsman was looking into but what we do not know.

That is true, forgot all about the interest side of it, cheers for bringing this one up hun and good luck.;)

Di
    X
  • Further to my SAR letter, I've received a reply from the DSAR team at Lloyds TSB today:

"Thank you for contacting us to ask for your personal information that we hold in our automated systems and paper files.

I see that we do not hold an up to date signature for you. For your security we will require a copy of either your Passport or Driving Licence, certified by a Lloyds TSB branch for identification purposes. Please call in to your local branch with these documents and they will be happy to take copies and certify them for you. Our branch staff will also be happy to update your signature on our records."

Obviously, this has set massive alarm bells ringing for me - particularly as I showed my passport in branch at the end of August when collecting my holiday money, and signed in branch a couple of weeks later when paying in unused traveller's cheques. They also have a sample of my signature on the £10 cheque I sent to pay for the DSAR!

Something isn't quite right here (a stalling tactic, maybe?) and I'm wondering if I didn't send the ID as requested, they would still have to provide the information to me under the Data Protection Act? More importantly, has anyone else been asked to provide this ID when sending in a SAR to Lloyds TSB? I like how they've presumed I have a passport and driving licence when it's actually perfectly feasible for me to have neither!
  • di3004
    jaynemax wrote: »
    Further to my SAR letter, I've received a reply from the DSAR team at Lloyds TSB today:

"Thank you for contacting us to ask for your personal information that we hold in our automated systems and paper files.

I see that we do not hold an up to date signature for you. For your security we will require a copy of either your Passport or Driving Licence, certified by a Lloyds TSB branch for identification purposes. Please call in to your local branch with these documents and they will be happy to take copies and certify them for you. Our branch staff will also be happy to update your signature on our records."

Obviously, this has set massive alarm bells ringing for me - particularly as I showed my passport in branch at the end of August when collecting my holiday money, and signed in branch a couple of weeks later when paying in unused traveller's cheques. They also have a sample of my signature on the £10 cheque I sent to pay for the DSAR!

Something isn't quite right here (a stalling tactic, maybe?) and I'm wondering if I didn't send the ID as requested, they would still have to provide the information to me under the Data Protection Act? More importantly, has anyone else been asked to provide this ID when sending in a SAR to Lloyds TSB? I like how they've presumed I have a passport and driving licence when it's actually perfectly feasible for me to have neither!

Hi hun.

ummmmm, maybe you should give the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) a ring and see what they have to say about this.
    Strange that they should still have your siggie details and now requesting for you to supply these items.
    Give the ICO a ring and see what they say about this one.
    https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Good luck, please let us know what they say, if you decide to contact these, cheers.;)
  • Thanks for the link Di, I was actually checking that out when you posted! The ICO checklist for organisations states that:

If you have good cause to doubt the requester’s identity you can ask
    them to provide any evidence you reasonably need to confirm it. For
    example, you may ask for a piece of information held in your records
    that the person would be expected to know, such as membership
    details, or a witnessed copy of their signature.

It is the latter they appear to be asking for, a witnessed signature, so I shan't bother the ICO with this questions. I've just spoken to the DSAR unit at Lloyds and they have offered an alternative of sending the data to a branch for collection, at which point I can show my ID. I guess this is a legitimate request really and I'm glad they're taking steps to protect my information as at this stage, they have no idea what I want it for!
  • di3004
    Thanks for the link Di, I was actually checking that out when you posted! The ICO checklist for organisations states that:

If you have good cause to doubt the requester’s identity you can ask
    them to provide any evidence you reasonably need to confirm it. For
    example, you may ask for a piece of information held in your records
    that the person would be expected to know, such as membership
    details, or a witnessed copy of their signature.

It is the latter they appear to be asking for, a witnessed signature, so I shan't bother the ICO with this questions. I've just spoken to the DSAR unit at Lloyds and they have offered an alternative of sending the data to a branch for collection, at which point I can show my ID. I guess this is a legitimate request really and I'm glad they're taking steps to protect my information as at this stage, they have no idea what I want it for!

Good for you for sorting this out hun:T, and hope now they will resolve this for you, good luck.;)
  • Hello all, a quick update for you. I went into branch today to collect a large parcel of paperwork after LTSB wrote to tell me (on the 40th day, no less!) that my SAR was complete. I've spent a good couple of hours going through it all and I'm chuffed to bits with what I've found!

Basically, the original application back in 2001 was completed in branch and ALL boxes apart from my signature were pre-filled, including the dreaded PPI. Furthermore, my account notes show that this card was transferred over to a new "Gold" account in 2003 and specifically states that this was done "without application" i.e. no signature, no paperwork from me and no opportunity to decline/accept PPI either - they just transferred it straight over.

Included in the pack was 6 years worth of card statements, even though I didn't request them but this is good as I've just sat and worked out that since October 2003 I've paid £1833.65 in PPI. I'll be asking LTSB to refund this and as I have the account number for the original card, that too. The letter is prepped and ready to go recorded delivery on Monday.

My question now is how do I work out what 8% simple interest would be on £1833.65? I'd really like to get some kind of figure in my head as to what the minimum I'll accept is!
  • di3004
    Hello all, a quick update for you. I went into branch today to collect a large parcel of paperwork after LTSB wrote to tell me (on the 40th day, no less!) that my SAR was complete. I've spent a good couple of hours going through it all and I'm chuffed to bits with what I've found!

Basically, the original application back in 2001 was completed in branch and ALL boxes apart from my signature were pre-filled, including the dreaded PPI. Furthermore, my account notes show that this card was transferred over to a new "Gold" account in 2003 and specifically states that this was done "without application" i.e. no signature, no paperwork from me and no opportunity to decline/accept PPI either - they just transferred it straight over.

Included in the pack was 6 years worth of card statements, even though I didn't request them but this is good as I've just sat and worked out that since October 2003 I've paid £1833.65 in PPI. I'll be asking LTSB to refund this and as I have the account number for the original card, that too. The letter is prepped and ready to go recorded delivery on Monday.

My question now is how do I work out what 8% simple interest would be on £1833.65? I'd really like to get some kind of figure in my head as to what the minimum I'll accept is!

Hi there
    This is brill, well done.:T:T

Right I am hopeless at calculations, but hopefully someone will check this over for you, maybe what Maxdp posted in how the FOS calculates refunds will be of some help for now here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1596473

Good luck with this and keep at them.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills