Pip assessment this morning

Comments

• rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    catty26 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply we tried to tell the lady why she couldnt do these things but she just kept talking over us . I felt she put words in my daughters mouth ..and i didnt think telling her she wouldnt get enough points was clever as that just left my daughter in a mess and stressed .. There is no way on earth if we dont get it after 6 YRS on Dla that i will let her go threw this again .. Doubt its worth complaining to anyone , . many thanks again , just dont no how long we wait now for the no letter

Phone immediately requesting a copy of the medical report.
    As soon as this arrives, note errors with it, and return by return of post, also letting them know by phone that you have important corrections to the medical report.
    They should in principle at least look at the problems about the report you list.

Do not wait until the decision is made.
  • catty26
    catty26 Posts: 31 Forumite
    re what do we need the money for ... she used to have taxis to hosp school for 5 yrs but not at college . so i have to drive her every where to the gps . hosp , healthy minds , you name it , with out the extra money i couldnt be with her and care for her like she needs i would have to return to work to keep a roof over our heads and she would not be able to go to college . such a shame this has been her life for 9 yrs she wants to try college even may be try uni , There is only her and me , , iv spoken to someone today who had rang capita told them we will be making a complaint , also her report has already gone to the dwp , all very quick and speedy ... thanks for all the kinds comments . x
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    just to add ....
    the person that made the hone visit doesn't make the decision. sp they were acting well beyond their capabilities in saying anything.
    as long as your paper evidence was stromng, i wouldn't get myself too worried just yet
  • catty26
    nannytone , i now know that but we just shut down she was so strong minded . we answered a question she would go i can not put that down . it will get sent back to me and told us it was this answer , we just gave in , feel i have let my daughter down so much x
  • catty26 wrote: »
    nannytone , i now know that but we just shut down she was so strong minded . we answered a question she would go i can not put that down . it will get sent back to me and told us it was this answer , we just gave in , feel i have let my daughter down so much x

OP, how do you feel about calling them up and letting them know about what the medical person said at the end and how their stupidity and clear ignorance caused your DD to need critical medical treatment? I would have gone mad if it had been me!

Call....make a complaint and ask for a copy of the medical notes ASAP as you feel that it'll be based on a biased POV. Its terrible how she has been treated.

Like someone said, it never goes on diagnosis unless terminal, but goes on how your illness/disability affects the person to what they cannot do compared to a healthy person.

When does your DD turn 18?

PP
    x
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • catty26
    Ted , yes that is like my daughter she is in bed sometimes up to a month at a time,she has been like this since 9 ys old in and out of various hospitals also seeing people for her mental health since 11 yrs old , At 11 left main stream schooling for a home teaching unit . I have left a letter with the lady who helped us fill in the pip forms she has already rang capita and will now be sending a letter with formal complaint . asking for her to be assessed again and the medical report to be sent to us . . i am to angry and upset to ring them as i dont think i am in a good place to chat to these people , also been told to see my mp .? x
  • hi cathy 26,it is so wrong how people are being treated,i was on dla for mental health problems and i to was turned down for pip.I can not fight anymore i am so tired.good luck
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    catty26 wrote: »
    Ted , yes that is like my daughter she is in bed sometimes up to a month at a time,she has been like this since 9 ys old in and out of various hospitals also seeing people for her mental health since 11 yrs old , At 11 left main stream schooling for a home teaching unit . I have left a letter with the lady who helped us fill in the pip forms she has already rang capita and will now be sending a letter with formal complaint . asking for her to be assessed again and the medical report to be sent to us . . i am to angry and upset to ring them as i dont think i am in a good place to chat to these people , also been told to see my mp .? x

Make sure that the next assessment is recorded.
  • Bongo567
    Bongo567 Posts: 92 Forumite
    rogerblack wrote: »
    She needs to be able to do whatever she is assessed on:
    Repeatably - as often as needed.
    Safely - without causing herself or others safety issues.
    In a reasonable time period - no more than twice what it would take a normal person.

If she cannot do an activity - for whatever reason - for example it would bring on an episode, or likely cause her condition to worsen - then she cannot do it.

Even if she can actually struggle through and physically complete the action.

What's Normal?
  • catty26
    i dont think i am allowed to record it am i ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure