USA- Hiring a car in USA (Budget.co.uk/com) - Is insurance included?

Comments

• NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Further up the thread, you said "I never use brokers" & " Always direct. I don't use brokers".
    Fair do's. Horses for courses, etc.& its your money to spend as you see fit.

I'm very keen at looking at value, rather than just cost and for you, the value of points received in membership schemes is where you get your additional value.:beer:

It seems that you are just making it up as you go along :) So I'll make it patently clear; I don't use brokers because for me it's always cheaper direct.

As for your value/cost argument, that doesn't appear to apply to you, as it is I who appears to prefer premium brands and best value for money, rather than just the cheapest price.

Apart from that, you still have not come up with a broker who can beat my direct quote. :beer:

On top of all that I am getting additional benefits such as free rentals, extra driver etc. So even better value.
  • It seems that you are just making it up as you go along :) So I'll make it patently clear; I don't use brokers because for me it's always cheaper direct.

As for your value/cost argument, that doesn't appear to apply to you, as it is I who appears to prefer premium brands and best value for money, rather than just the cheapest price.

Apart from that, you still have not come up with a broker who can beat my direct quote. :beer:

On top of all that I getting additional benefits such as free rentals etc. So even better value.

whatever.
    enjoy your day.
  • NiftyDigits
    whatever.
    enjoy your day.

I clearly am ;)
  • NiftyDigits
    photome wrote: »
    are you using your membership to get cheaper prices, I just tried hertz for those same dates and got £989 for the economy and £1027 for the compact.

Or am I looking at the wrong site. Hertz.co.uk

Edit just tried hertz.com and still got £989 and £1027

Not using membership. Rates are open to all. I add my details after booking.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg
  • photome wrote: »
    are you using your membership to get cheaper prices, I just tried hertz for those same dates and got £989 for the economy and £1027 for the compact.

Or am I looking at the wrong site. Hertz.co.uk

Edit just tried hertz.com and still got £989 and £1027

I've just done the same and got exactly the same rates.
    Maybe we're not special enough to get the cheapy rates:o
    Via Hertz.co.uk direct and hertz.co.uk via Quidco
    Raleigh NC
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Ok I am curious now, I have performed the hertz search using my original dates i.e. 1/3 to 29/3 and 1/3/ to 12/4 both from Greensboro with no discount or membership applied

1/3/ to 12/4
    Resulting in :Compact - £1052.91 Intermediate - £1088.31

1/3 to 29/3 : Compact - £701.94 Intermediate - £725.54

Searching Raleigh comes out a little cheaper.

So I cannot match NiftyDigits winning formula. Even logging in with my Hertz membership or adding a discount code.

I think the lesson hers is to search different providers, brokers and direct or ask NiftyDigits to book on our behalf;)
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Not using membership. Rates are open to all. I add my details after booking.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Please let on as to how you are getting it cheaper than the rest of us that have tried
  • photome
    Could be helpful to many if nifty could let us know how he gets that price when no one else seems to be able to
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 October 2016 at 5:08PM
    Nifty

Do you have an update of how you are getting the prices that none of us can match up ?
  • photome
    Nifty

Do you have an update of ho you are getting the prices that none of us can match up ?

it is a bit strange as to why he hasnt been back with an update.He has been on the forum.

I regularly hire in the USA so it could save me a few quid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport