The Big Noddle Energy Switch

Options
fredandwilma
fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
edited 9 October 2016 at 1:27PM in Energy
The Big Noddle Energy Switch
Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi fredandwilma,

Thank you for this information. I have just registered with all three websites although...

... British Gas won the Collective Switch??? It would cost me £41 per year more so don't think I'm quite the muppet one ill-mannered poster thinks I am... Where were his beloved Eon??? I wonder how many shares he has...
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just another reminder other collective switches ARE available.

swtch/

https://www.milkmanenergy.com/

11 days to go for the milkman switch. It doesn't give too many details. To be tried and tested?[/Q

Just had a look at the "Milkman" site,
    It seems ok ,but no cashback seems to be on offer and once the winning supplier has been selected , it says that the supplier will contact you direct if you want to take up the offer.
    The switch is then undertaken by the new supplier and no further involvement by milkman. This differs from the way other collective switches seem to work.
    I might register, but only concern is will I open the flood gates to unwanted e- mails?
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I open the flood gates to unwanted e- mails?

why not do what any sensible person does, have a separate email for such a purpose and then when it has served it's purpose, never check it again.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 September 2016 at 8:08PM
    Options
    st999 wrote: »
    why not do what any sensible person does, ....
    and ignore the spammy sites ;)

Here's a list of Ofgem accredited comparison sites
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/domestic-consumers/switching-your-energy-supplier/confidence-code

The second one in the list by F&W is just a disguised affliliate of MyUtilityGenius.co.uk
  • Sosumi
    Sosumi Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options

I’m having problems registering for the Big Community Switch with iChoosr.

All goes well as I work through the onsite questions until I get to the two that ask me to enter my annual consumptions of gas and electricity in kWh.

When I do that, it throws up an error message on each of them. Repeatedly.

If I press “Continue” at the bottom of the page, it just reloads the page and asks the same questions.

If I simply abandon it, I get an email from The Big Community Switch asking me to complete my registration. :wall:

So, I rang them. Unlike the “Cheap Energy Club, they have a telephone support line :) . I got through (quickly) to a very charming and helpful lady who attempted to enter my details manually, at her end, but she, too, kept getting the same result. Whatever she tried.

She eventually concluded that there's a glitch in their system and has forwarded the issue to their IT department...
  • KingS6
    KingS6 Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    The Noddle website is still describing the collective switch opening on September 19th in the future tense. It wouldn't have hurt to update the landing page.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    Options
    There is another Collective Auction here:

https://petrolprices.ichoosr.com/Product/index.rails?actionId=508

It is another one run by ichooser but on behalf of petrolprices.com (the website that provides updates on the latest petrol & diesel prices in your area, or elsewhere)

Auction takes place on 11th October, with personal offers going out from 24th October.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    Options
    Not sure if this is the same as any of those already listed, but there is another Collective Auction by ichooser here:

https://biglondonenergyswitch.ichoosr.com/Product/index.rails?actionId=504

Its on behalf of London boroughs but you don't have to live in London to register.

Again auction takes place on 11th October, with personal offers going out from 24th October, so it may just be the same as all the other ichooser collectives.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    There is another Collective Auction via Quidco. Details can be found here:

http://www.quidco.com/discover/news/quidcos-cut-price-energy-club-register-now/

Registration deadline Monday 3rd October
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options

I'm still waiting for Peoples Power as they offer £10 cashback per fuel, too. :)

Just registered for the Peoples Power Collective. Did not see any dates though for when it happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure