To Freedom...

Comments

• yes, it is, although my collegue and i are at work today with matching sore heads...we drank 3 bottles of wine between us! I should know better than try and match him drink for drink!
    mortgage 1 33,000. paid nov 2012 :D. mortgage 2 87,000 due 51,686.76 at july 2013, but then:new home and remortgage ... £101065.43:eek: now 74k
  • now off for christmas break until next thursday, have got all the shopping in, under budget and going to spend today baking. Went to M&s last night for a treat, it was the first time in months we did not use a calculator as we wondered round and got a bit of a shock at the till. Usually we know exactly how much the balance should be.

I OP £500 last week, but it wasnt showing off my total so phoned the bank. I have accidently paid it to our paid mortgage. It is still open with £1 in debt and the balance was 499 in credit. So the nice man at the bank is going to transfer that for me. He said he had never seen a mortgage account in credit before:o

Got a xmas bonus from work, a gift voucher from johnny lewis, looking forward to treating myself in the sales with that.
    mortgage 1 33,000. paid nov 2012 :D. mortgage 2 87,000 due 51,686.76 at july 2013, but then:new home and remortgage ... £101065.43:eek: now 74k
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,691
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ooh, I love John Lewis, enjoy treating yourself!
  • gonna keep it for the sales and buy something smart for work, my new job means no more uniforms and it is a pain having to find smart but washable stuff 5 days a week.

Our town was badly flooded this weekend, just been for a walk round the beach and it is such a mess, just a mudbath and everyone chucking out carpets, etc. heartbreaking:(.

Tomorrow is the first year I dont have to work in about 10 years..I aim to enjoy it. We had all the family round yesterday, cooked a chilli and wedges which everyone seemed to enjoy. (except for the vegetarians, they had mushrooms stuffed with carmalised onion and goats cheese). Made a couple of pitchers of cocktails too. Managed to do it all on a budget, but dont think anyone noticed:T
  • was a lovely christmas, and family didnt know what to do with me as I am usually working. Made a great change to be off.

got paid from both my jobs on xmas eve and have made another OP so total now stands at 57200. Will get down to 56 something next week when my regular payment goes in.

Some ms stuff this xmas was to buy the kids dollars for their holiday through topcashb.. and get some cash back, also got a pile of bodysh@p stuff in the oulet shop very cheap for mum and daughter, gave my dad a pile of seeds for his garden and paid for with tesc@ vouchers, no new clothes for christmas day or nights out - just raided the wardrobe, bought own label booze and baked gingerbread and sweets to give out as extras. I have even stocked a pile of free samples of toothpaste, shampoo and shower gel to give to OH for his stocking...that did feel a little mean...but then his real present is that we are off for a wee cheap week in the sun later this month! ohh, cannot wait for my dose of vit D:rotfl:
  • did another 2 bits of extra work this week, 4 hours on xmas eve evening, then another 4 hours last night. Couldn't be bothered, but the thought of the extra cash kept me going. OH got paid from his 3rd part time job today so there is an OP of £246.00 that I will keep and pay off in jan, as have signed up to the 2013 challenge.

OH managed to burn a hole in my favourite shirt last night - he is an idiot! I can't replace it as bought it in Spain, so not happy:mad:
    Still, on the bright side, managed to unlock my ebay account so can start selling this weekend - might sell something of his to begin with...:cool:
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,571
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    kirstypark wrote: »
    Still, on the bright side, managed to unlock my ebay account so can start selling this weekend - might sell something of his to begin with...:cool:

LOL, revenge is sweet:D
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Nov 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £1500/7000

Mortgage balance: £53705

• you are right skint spice, there is a camera of his i have my eye on...he is an awful hoarder and refuses to throw anything away. There is a garage full of stuff and I reckon I could sell half of it before he even notices:rotfl:
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Welcome to MFW and good luck with your journey.

Where is the hole in your shirt and how big? You might be able to cover it up with some sort of embellishment.
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • the shirt has melted on the sleeve, i was going to throw it out, but it goes well under my jacket, so will keep it and just keep my jacket on when i am out!

had a day at the sales on saturday, half price dress, and 2 pairs of shoes. one pair for work that I really needed and another pair for a special occasion happening later this year...more later! Felt guilty spending so much, but am back on the ms wagon!

more overtime today, another 3 hours. and a nsd. Having mum & dad round tomorrow for steak pie (we are Scottish, it is the law that we have to eat this on new years day!). But the steak is from the freezer, the pastry was half price and I have left over homemade ice cream for sweet, so very cheap meal.

Also 12.56 from Topcasback today and an account tidyup means there was another 80 quid paid in today. Cant wait to log in tomorrow to see my new total. Happy Hogmany everyone :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure