Halifax and Lloyds fast payments (FB) service on the blink

trinidadone
trinidadone Posts: 3,337
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 21 January 2013 at 9:48PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Hello All,

I thought I would let everyone know the faster payment service by Halifax bank is on the blink, only allowing next day payment.

I tried to make a payment from my halifax bank account to my santander bank account and a statement was displayed informing me of next day payment only.

Contacted Halifax banking and was advised they are aware of this problem. The problem has been ongoing since 11pm last nite. Customer Service have no idea how long this will go on for, and I have been advised to log onto my account later this morning.

UPDATE
FB seems to be back up and running now. I sent a FP from my Halifax bank account to my sandander account. It left the account promptly and within minutes arrived at Santander. What a stressful day, but i hope we are back to normal now for good.
:) thankyou to everyone who contributed, and well done to those who manage to get some compensation from Halifax or Lloyds :):):):):)
Trinidad - The hottest place to go

Comments

• Perhaps it's the whole Faster Payment system? I'm having the same problem with Nationwide, except it doesn't make a slower payment, just re-credits my account.
  • trinidadone
    Forumite
    Perhaps it's the whole Faster Payment system? I'm having the same problem with Nationwide, except it doesn't make a slower payment, just re-credits my account.

well I used a faster payment from my M&S savings account to santander, no problem, but looks like more than one bank affected then, if nationwide is affected.
  • edward123
    edward123 Posts: 602 Forumite
    Attempted to transfer from First Direct to LTSB but won't go FP. Neither from LSTB to Santander FP but next day process. Transfer between Halifax and LTSB fine. Think I will wait til later today and try again.
    Got a ticket from ParkingEye? Seek advice by clicking here: Private Parking forum on MoneySavingExpert.:j
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    A regular automated Faster Payment from my Santander account to a Lloyds account has been returned.
    21/01/2013	 RETURN FASTER PAYMENTS CREDIT FROM...
    21/01/2013	 STANDING ORDER VIA FASTER PAYMENT TO...

• trinidadone
    Forumite
    edward123 wrote: »
    Attempted to transfer from First Direct to LTSB but won't go FP. Neither from LSTB to Santander FP but next day process. Transfer between Halifax and LTSB fine. Think I will wait til later today and try again.

hey Edward, so i assume you was able to make a FP from Halifax and LSTB????

I keep getting the following message from Halifax:

"Unfortunately your payment won't go through immediately as a Faster Payment. Please only continue if you're happy for this payment to be processed the next working day".
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There seems to be several of these involving LBG companies, Perhaps that's where the fault lies?
  • edward123
    hey Edward, so i assume you was able to make a FP from Halifax and LSTB????

I keep getting the following message from Halifax:

"Unfortunately your payment won't go through immediately as a Faster Payment. Please only continue if you're happy for this payment to be processed the next working day".

I have a SO from LTSB to Halifax which went through last night sometime. And when transferring same amount back to LTSB this morning no problems. With me then the problem seems to be with LTSB <----> different banking institutions.
    Got a ticket from ParkingEye? Seek advice by clicking here: Private Parking forum on MoneySavingExpert.:j
  • edward123
    pmduk wrote: »
    There seems to be several of these involving LBG companies, Perhaps that's where the fault lies?

Who are they?

Edit....silly me...Lloyds Banking Group of course! :)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edward123 wrote: »
    I have a SO from LTSB to Halifax which went through last night sometime. And when transferring same amount back to LTSB this morning no problems.
    Transfers between LTSB & Halifax do not use the FP system. If you check online you'll see they're tagged "TFR", not "FPI"/"FPO".
  • edward123
    Transfers between LTSB & Halifax do not use the FP system. If you check online you'll see they're tagged "TFR", not "FPI"/"FPO".

You're right. Though I didn't claim that Halifax ---> LTSB was FP but a "transfer."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure