m3 to Kwh conversion factor.....Eon

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 27 January 2011 at 12:10PM
    Old flat was on a metric meter (a unit is a cu m), new flat is on an older imperial meter (a unit is 100 cu ft). So a metric unit has far less energy value and will run up the units faster.
    As explained above, the conversion factor is 2.83, so your 4 old units should be around 1.4 units now.
    If you are still paying the same for 0.8 units. that's because the price has gone up!
    To compare usage properly, always use the final kWh figure, which is what you are actually billed in.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • to calculate cubic meter of natural gas we need to know correction factor(1,02264). i want to know how can we calculate this factor?is there a formula?
  • borisba wrote: »
    to calculate cubic meter of natural gas we need to know correction factor(1,02264). i want to know how can we calculate this factor?is there a formula?
    The correction factor 1.02264 is not exactly calculated, it is measured and changes according to the quality and purity of the gas delivered.

What is the overall problem you are trying to solve?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • The correction factor 1.02264 is not exactly calculated, it is measured and changes according to the quality and purity of the gas delivered.

What is the overall problem you are trying to solve?

The correction factor is a constant and doesn't change. The calorific value changes with the quality of the gas.

From the BG website:

Correction factor (CF)
    Used to convert gas units into kilowatt-hours (kWh). The correction factor (1.02264) takes into account changes in the volume of gas based on temperature and pressure.
  • i need to convert m3 in energy(kWh) without knowing enything about calorific value of gas..i need some nuber to multiply
    m3...like m3*10,54=---kWh,
    but i want to know how to get that number..i need explanation..so i dont understand now, is this correction factor a constant or not?..enyway thank you very much for trying..
  • borisba wrote: »
    i need to convert m3 in energy(kWh) without knowing enything about calorific value of gas..i need some nuber to multiply
    m3...like m3*10,54=---kWh,
    but i want to know how to get that number..i need explanation..so i dont understand now, is this correction factor a constant or not?..enyway thank you very much for trying..
    Believe me you do not really want to know how to get there but just multiply the M3 figure by 11.2, the variables vary by quite a small amount so as not to make too much differnce.

However if you insist:
    M3 xCalorific value 39.4 x volume correction 1.02264 / 3.6 = 11.1922

These are the figures for the East Mids area at the moment,some values may change slightly eg calorific value
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've been searching all afternoon trying to find out Eon's present 'calorific value', and was brought to this thread.

I've just switched to Eon for gas from Npower and their calorific value was always the same. I want to calculate my bill before it arrives, but I've found out the value changes from area to area.

So, is there anyone from Lincolnshire, or N.E.Lincs who can look on their last Eon bill and post what the calorific value was please?

Thanks,
    Candy.
    What goes around, comes around.
  • jalexa
    jalexa Posts: 3,448 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2011 at 7:05PM
    Candy53 wrote: »
    I've just switched to Eon for gas from Npower and their calorific value was always the same...

At any period in time it is the same for all suppliers in the same region, so use your Npower figure.

If you particularly want the figure fine, but a good kWhr approximation will be obtained by multiplying cubic metres by 11 (or the slightly more accurate multiplier given in an earlier post).
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks for replying jalexa.

I'll carry on my calculating then. I always work out my bills after giving in the readings to make sure the bills are right. They make so many mistakes these days.

Candy.
    What goes around, comes around.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Good advice on here already Candy.

There's an FAQ on our website which you might also find useful. It's under Existing Customers/Understanding Your Bill/FAQ 4.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure