Mortgage Free by April 2017

Comments

• Really excited for you Jimlad, look forward to your update later today! x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Very exciting. I'm looking forward to see your new balance :j
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £400/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £14950.12/£22787.04
  • JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    £22,250! Thats all our mortgage will be once the payment I just made goes through! :beer:

It was a 48k payment in total but I had to make separate 25k and 23k payments as online banking wouldn't let me do it in one hit. Hopefully that doesn't cause any trouble at the other end. I phoned them up and explained the double payment and they said it was fine but we shall see!

I think we could have stretched to 50, but we decided to leave a little slush fund in the accounts.

Now we are variable we can do overpayments every pay day! :rotfl:

I also just realised I havent done the side hustle update for october so look out for that tomorrow!
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • Fantastic news Jimlad!!! Well done you! :beer::beer::j:j
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • JimLad
    Fantastic news Jimlad!!! Well done you! :beer::beer::j:j

Thank you! The beers will defiantly be out this weekend! :beer:
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • JimLad
    Its November already! I can almost smell Christmas! Here's the totals for October!.

Airbnb: £488 – A 100 increase on last month! A couple of longer midweek bookings which helps bolster the total. Hopefully one of them will be booking again for next week too. Already 10 days booked in November.

Adsense from Youtube: £47.82 – A little bit higher again than last month. I often find advert revenue creeps up towards Christmas as companies ramp up their budgets for marketing. 2 videos in the works for this coming week.

Amazon Affiliates from Youtube: £14.73 – 624 clicks and 15 items ordered. Lots of blenders as usual, but some other items include a winter parka packet, various flavours of syrup (caramel, hazelnut, vanilla) and 1kg of protein powder!

Solar Panels: £49.14 –
    We are heading straight for the depths of winter! Not only does this mean less money from the feed in tariff, but it also means we will be paying for electricity during the daytime and paying for gas to heat the water. Sad times.

Matched Betting: £36 – Champions league games started but only a couple of “easy” bets this month. Leicester and Manchester city games netted me an easy profit. Hopefully this will ramp up when the knock out games start. Just hope the british teams stay in!

Thats a grand total of £635.69 earned outside of work in October, back up to our usual levels in main thanks to Airbnb picking up again.

Starting this month the side hustle will be going straight into our monthly overpayment which we will be doing towards the end of each month after both our paydays have passed. I will be doing an overpayment update to detail it each month. Still on track for April 2017!

Merry November everyone!
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Jim! Such a great thred to read through :p. We're a wife & husband duo too and are about the same ages (28/31), we have two kids which slow the money front down but looking at your thread gives me the push i need to press on :D. We've just sent 8k OP off (also on 10% per year) - not too far from 99k now. Did you find it got easier (if thats the right word??) once you got out of the 100k bracket? Our house is worth roughly 208k and got 107k left to pay off. We are hoping to do it in 4-5 years from now.

Ill be eagerly watching your thread :T. An 48k is AMAZING! Good luck with obliterating the other 20k :)

X
    "Don't underestimate the value of financial security"

Wanting to be mortgage free by 45. £155,000 start / £86,880 currently

• JimLad
    kitjos wrote: »
    Hi Jim! Such a great thred to read through :p. We're a wife & husband duo too and are about the same ages (28/31), we have two kids which slow the money front down but looking at your thread gives me the push i need to press on :D. We've just sent 8k OP off (also on 10% per year) - not too far from 99k now. Did you find it got easier (if thats the right word??) once you got out of the 100k bracket? Our house is worth roughly 208k and got 107k left to pay off. We are hoping to do it in 4-5 years from now.

Ill be eagerly watching your thread :T. An 48k is AMAZING! Good luck with obliterating the other 20k :)

X

In some ways it got easier, eg more of the regular payment came off the capital. But it was also more restricting as the 10% limit really held us back. The more you pay off, the less that 10% is.

Sounds like you are almost in the exact same position as us a couple of years ago! When does your fix end?

Do you have a diary? Ive tried to look through your profile but cant see anything. Maybe im being dumb.:o
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    No diary im afraid. I just keep log if what we've done in another diary format site :). Yeh we do sound like you guys a few years ago, its nice to see how it could be for us in near future :D. Weve just got new fixed rate for 2 years so we will OP the 10% we can per year, then put left over money in a pot so we can do lump sum once fixed ends in Oct 2018 ;). Very similar to how you guys have done it. We hope to be at 75k by time fixed runs out (so 32k in 2 years) - should be doable.

I appreciate why you're waiting to have children though, i went from working 5 days a week on good wages - to one day a week :cool:. Not easy to juggle both parts of life and work.

Cant wait to see you smash this 20k :T
    "Don't underestimate the value of financial security"

Wanting to be mortgage free by 45. £155,000 start / £86,880 currently

• JimLad
    The outstanding amount has gone down to 22k on online banking!

Only problem, is the "next monthly payment" seems to have gone down to £300 from 750. I did tell them to keep the payments the same so not sure whats going on there. Maybe they just haven't fully processed it yet. I will wait for the confirmation letter before complaining.

Although thinking about it, i guess its largely irrelevant now as we can make unlimited overpayments :-)
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family