Paypal Negative- HELP!

jackyboyw
jackyboyw Posts: 59 Forumite
Hi all,

someone made a 2 BS case's against me on Paypal and i'm negative £750 and i'm worried he is going to do another bringing to me minus £1,000... what are the rules/laws with this as I do not want to pay it and will just stop using Paypal and close my account (If i can)

Do Paypal take the money our my bank? I have no current cards attached to my account currently although I have had before so can they debit the account.. :eek:

Thanks, any help is appreciated :beer:

Comments

• Based is uk if that helps
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2016 at 2:30PM
    Paypal are quite vigorous debt chasers I'm afraid, they will not let it drop and it will cost you more in the end if you add on baliff fees etc

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4449381

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5439801
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    What are the cases? Someone may be able to help so you don't have to pay or lose your Paypal account.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,155 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jackyboyw wrote: »
    Hi all,

someone made a 2 BS case's against me on Paypal and i'm not negative £750 and i'm worried he is going to do another bringing to me minus £1,000... what are the rules/laws with this as I do not want to pay it and will just stop using Paypal and close my account (If i can)

Do Paypal take the money our my bank? I have no current cards attached to my account currently although I have had before so can they debit the account.. :eek:

Thanks, any help is appreciated :beer:

For that sort of amount I am assuming you must have full tracking and insurance to a delivery address- so what has gone wrong? Can you please explain exactly what happened, timings, post type etc and also exactly what sort of claim was made.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Most are saying that baliffs do not come? I'm getting a lot of mix replies and read loads of threads all with different responses.. I am going to leave it and see what happens. I can pay it if I must.

Some threads say not to worry, some say do!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,155 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jackyboyw wrote: »
    Most are saying that baliffs do not come? I'm getting a lot of mix replies and read loads of threads all with different responses.. I am going to leave it and see what happens. I can pay it if I must.

Some threads say not to worry, some say do!

It really depends- if paypal pass the debt on then it can go to bailiffs- so just in case head over to the debt free board here on MSE and find out exactly what a bailiff can and can't do. They actually have very limited powers, so if you are prepared they realistically can do very little.

However, you are of course not going to be able to use ebay/paypal again and any very close relations might also run into issues with paypal if they think they can link you, so again be prepared.

However, it seems very unlikely that you would not be able to invoke seller protection- unless of course you have done something daft or are trying to get away with something, so I would again suggest if you post the issue here we might be able to assist and make this go away.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I'm not doing anything daft or anything wrong, the buyer is a !!!!!!!! and has made 2 cases against me to return the items saying they are both fake which are 100% ARE NOT because he does not want them anymore or can't sell them on baring in mind he has had them 3/4 months already. I simply do not want the items back and do not want to refund him I would rather my account stays in negative and he send or keeps the items, I honestly don't care.

I have to money to pay the off the negative balance. I just don't want too.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Jackyboyw, you are not answering the questions you are being asked.

If you divulge further details about why the person has submitted a paypal claimback then we might be able to assist you in sorting this mess out and possibly getting your money back from this geezer.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• I did answer it, the buyer wants the return the items because he does not want them anymore.. by opening a claim and telling Paypal they are fake he is returning them therefore leaving me negative as he has won the claim even though they are legit items..

I don't even know if I can appeal the claim as the item is real he has told Paypal its fake even though he knows it's real, I cannot prove it and Paypal always sides with the buyer it seems
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Ahhh, right. The buyer purchased item/s from you 3 - 4 months back, but as he can't sell them, has decided to be really petty and start a Paypal claim.

I would say (as would any Court) that that time period is way to long to expect a refund.

My course of action would be -
    1. Pay the Paypal balance.
    2. Send him a 'letter before action' demanding payment for the goods (plus any expenses incurred).
    3. If he refuses, visit MCOL and start a claim against him.
    If the items were fake then he would have to get full proof of this.

Also, most folks when receiving what they think are fake items will get them checked-out and, if fake, start a reclaim within days and not months.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure